• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Persona 5 Trailer Shows Phantom Thief Gameplay

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:32 am Reply with quote
Well this looks fairly interesting for the PV. The part with the skating was pretty stylish Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yadilie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:34 am Reply with quote
Those are by far the best menus I've seen in a video game. Also, it's nice to seem them actually improving the game play system outside of combat.
terminus24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:35 am Reply with quote
Well, It's pretty cool to finally get a look into what P5 will be like. I like the new character designs, and being able to lay as a thief sounds pretty interesting.
Samo2222

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:42 am Reply with quote
Finally we see a little bit of game footage, and it looks awesome. The return of Igor is always great. I just hope those old recordings can make something special.
ninja noir

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:42 am Reply with quote
Wow. This is looking nice. It's looking like they're making some significant changes to the gameplay which is cool. Music is great too. Smile

I just wonder how different the PS3/PS4 versions will be. I hope they don't differ too much, as I don't really fancy buying a PS4 just yet.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:59 am Reply with quote
I see they've learned quite a bit from Catherine judging from some of the locales like the bar. Surprised

And I assume there's going to be more playable characters to join the MC's phantom thief group.
PhantomVash808

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:02 am Reply with quote
I never played a Persona game before but I really enjoyed Catherine and this trailer was cool. Looking forward to trying this out when it hits the PS4.
DRWii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:05 am Reply with quote
Love the "Catherine"-style visuals, and I really like the anti-hero vibe I'm getting from those characters. It doesn't look like Social Links are back, but if the game is as good as it looks, I don't think I'll miss them.
Divineking

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:08 am Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:
Love the "Catherine"-style visuals, and I really like the anti-hero vibe I'm getting from those characters. It doesn't look like Social Links are back, but if the game is as good as it looks, I don't think I'll miss them.

Eh there were a couple of high school bits in there so I don't think that mechanic's going anywhere
DRWii

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:20 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Eh there were a couple of high school bits in there so I don't think that mechanic's going anywhere

There were also "high school bits" in the PS1 "Persona" games, and those definitely didn't have social links.

I noticed one of the menu options was "Cooperation," so perhaps that could be similar to S.Links, but I still feel the system as it appeared in the last two games is gone. I guess we'll just have to wait to find out.
Hollow body

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:42 am Reply with quote
i'm soo hyped it hurts!
MeisterYM

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:56 am Reply with quote
You know stuff is happening when you hear the glass break.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:59 am Reply with quote
DRWii wrote:

Yeah, at first glance it actually looked like Vincent Brooks was the one locked up in the trailer. Also, I don't think we've been given enough information to say whether the social links are there. Social Links were a very popular aspect of P3 and P4, so I'd be inclined to think that the mechanic will return in some form.
shadowsythe13

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:07 am Reply with quote
I really wanted to see more gameplay and characters
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:17 am Reply with quote
shadowsythe13 wrote:
I really wanted to see more gameplay and characters

They probably want to give you a reason to watch later trailers. Stringing along announcements like characters and gameplay is pretty standard.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3