• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Picks Up New Manga from Akita Shoten, Mediaworks

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_silent_child

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:09 pm Reply with quote
I took a look to for the title Sundome in the encyclopedia, but no luck.
the_silent_child

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Went ahead and added the title to the encyclopedia. *My first add! YEAH!
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Note: typo in author's name. It should be Kazuto Okada, not Okata. Furthermore, is "Yen Press" an independent company or just an imprint? The official site said "YEN PRESS is an imprint of Hachette Book Group USA." Thus I was hesitant to add its licensing info.

the_silent_child wrote:

That's because no one has ever submitted (well, before you). I've just added it.

the_silent_child wrote:

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, quoting ANN's news alone is not exactly the best source. And remember to add a space between the last letter of the title and the left parenthesis. Wink

And what are "Kieli" and "Kaze no Hana," respectively? The former is the Finnish word for "language." The latter, while sounds very generic (風の花?), doesn't provide any useful info, as I can't find anything relevant at Kadokawa, Amazon.jp, or Google (other than the opening theme song of Someday's Dreamers, that is).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Yen's relationship with Hachette is the same or similar to Del Rey Manga's to Del Rey/Random House, or of Funimation to Navarre.

[quote="dormcat"]Furthermore, is "Yen Press" an independent company or just an imprint? The official site said "YEN PRESS is an imprint of Hachette Book Group USA." Thus I was hesitant to add its licensing info.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:21 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:

the_silent_child wrote:

That's because no one has ever submitted (well, before you). I've just added it.

the_silent_child wrote:

While I appreciate your enthusiasm, quoting ANN's news alone is not exactly the best source. And remember to add a space between the last letter of the title and the left parenthesis. Wink

And what are "Kieli" and "Kaze no Hana," respectively? The former is the Finnish word for "language." The latter, while sounds very generic (風の花?), doesn't provide any useful info, as I can't find anything relevant at Kadokawa, Amazon.jp, or Google (other than the opening theme song of Someday's Dreamers, that is).

Plot summaries courtesy of Hakaisha at AoD (probabaly not official enough for use in the encyclopedia, but good enough for people reading this thread and wanting to know what they are about):

Hakaisha wrote:

New Licenses
January 2008
Sundome vol.1, a comedy by Kazuto Okada, shrink wrapped and rated Mature, YP said they would leave the title as is which translates to something like 'Blue Balls'. A story about a club of losers who spend their time masturbating until a girl knocks on the club door one day and wants to join!

April 2008
Kaze no Hana vol.1, action/fantasy by Ushio Mizuta and Akiyoshi Ohta, about an orphaned girl who lost her memory. She's taken in by a prestigious family that wants her because she is a wielder of the seven swords. The story is about her trying to regain her memory and fit in with her new family.

Kieli by Yukako Kabei and (sorry I wasn't fast enough to catch the other collaborators name Razz ) two volume fantasy about a girl who sees dead people, adapted from a light novel series.

I'm sold on Sundome and I'm interested in the other two titles, but I'll need to hear more about them. They are both short though, so odds are good I'll give them a try.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Kaze no Hana vol.1, action/fantasy by Ushio Mizuta and Akiyoshi Ohta, about an orphaned girl who lost her memory. She's taken in by a prestigious family that wants her because she is a wielder of the seven swords. The story is about her trying to regain her memory and fit in with her new family.

Kieli by Yukako Kabei and (sorry I wasn't fast enough to catch the other collaborators name Razz ) two volume fantasy about a girl who sees dead people, adapted from a light novel series.

Thanks a lot. With authors' names and such I'm now capable to find much more information.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1