• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hayate the Combat Butler, Zettai Karen Children Manga Will Have Important Announcements in Shonen Su

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:01 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing the Zettai Karen Children might be ending soon. However, perhaps another Hayate anime coming??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:01 am Reply with quote
^ I hope it's what you said, but reversed.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:09 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:

lol
Been waiting for a new ZKC anime from Synergy SP (2ND SEASON) for 7 years. BRING IT. BRING IT PLEASE.

Also, ZKC is in its last "arc," but the middle school "arc' lasted for... How long? 7 years?
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:51 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:

lol
Been waiting for a new ZKC anime from Synergy SP (2ND SEASON) for 7 years. BRING IT. BRING IT PLEASE.

Also, ZKC is in its last "arc," but the middle school "arc' lasted for... How long? 7 years?

IIRC, I think they suppose to be spoiler[high-schoolers] by now.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:52 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

IIRC, I think they suppose to be spoiler[high-schoolers] by now.

Yes, the high school "arc" will be the last.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:10 am Reply with quote
I will be perfectly satisfied, no matter what they announce, so long as the name "Manglobe" is never mentioned in either of them.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
noobster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:07 am Reply with quote
Zettai Karen might enter the last arc. But I'll rejoice if the announcement about HnG is about the REAL S3, Midas arc without the name Manglobe in its producers.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:48 am Reply with quote
Hayate now has over 100 episodes, including a movie. After running 10+ years, I would think it would make sense for it be either "We are entering the final arc" or "We will have more anime". The former would make sense since how many more arcs can one make after making a weekly manga run over 10 years?

Likewise, as much as I love FT, when it gets past 10 years, I actually will be happy for it to end soon.
SpeckTech

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:25 am Reply with quote
SEASON 5 HAYATE please. Can't Take My Eyes Off You was an original story (but Tsurumi has recently appeared in the manga, albeit in a totally different way. Still the sister though). Cuties was just a bunch of cherry picked chapters.

I'd love to see another anime that goes with the actual plot Kenjirou had before he just said screw it and began milking Hayate (in addition to making him the butt of several jokes).
consignia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:31 am Reply with quote
All the problems of Manglobe Hayate, I still prefer it to the JC Staff version. Can't Take My Eyes Off You actually felt like the manga in tone, and Cuties's cherry picking had a bit of a throw back to the SynegrySP version. The JC Staff season just felt like a humourless run through of the story the first season missed.
SnowCentaur

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:54 am Reply with quote
Pleeeaase a full anime adaption for ZKC, sticking to the story and the style! With Akira Ishida for Kyousuke!

One can dream, right?
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:58 am Reply with quote
consignia wrote:
All the problems of Manglobe Hayate, I still prefer it to the JC Staff version. Can't Take My Eyes Off You actually felt like the manga in tone, and Cuties's cherry picking had a bit of a throw back to the SynegrySP version. The JC Staff season just felt like a humourless run through of the story the first season missed.

I agree 100%. The second season was largely lifeless, even though it was faithful to the manga's plot. I think Manglobe could have done a great third season and pleased all hardcore fans if the production committee hadn't made the decision to do an original story.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:00 am Reply with quote
noobster wrote:
Zettai Karen might enter the last arc.

...Like i said, it already HAS entered it's last arc! D: The girls are in high school now. They have been for two volumes. This arc has already been advertised as the final arc.

SnowCentaur wrote:
Pleeeaase a full anime adaption for ZKC, sticking to the story and the style! With Akira Ishida for Kyousuke!

Where did Ishida come from!? D: Yusa has always been Kyosuke since the first anime! And he is perfect for the role. The first anime is very faithful to the manga. The OVA is a good original story for the middle school arc. The spinoff can go die in a fire.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:22 am Reply with quote
no no no, Ishida should the brother of Phantom. He'd be great. An insane, evil Xellos with no redeeming qualities.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:07 pm Reply with quote
consignia wrote:

This pretty much for me. The original made me laugh so hard, even when I rewatched it 5 years later. I didn't care for JC Staff's version....never even finished it. It was dull. I did watch Manglobe's and they had their moments...Cuties I actually enjoyed quite a bit for what it was, but SynergySP's version takes the cake.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2