• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Lost in Blues

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saffire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:19 am Reply with quote
Agree on Lost Dimension. It really wants to be Danganronpa but the characters are so bland and disconnected that it's impossible to feel any regret for erasing them. My biggest regret was when Sojiro was my traitor, but that's because of how useful he was, not because of any personal attachment. Discovered traitors hardly react at all unless you've maxed their "social link", and even when they do they still don't give any insight into why. (Presumably the true end reveals this.) The whole game is just bland, and the fact that it'll take me 2-3 playthroughs to get the real ending is killing my interest in beating it once.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:33 am Reply with quote
Exist Archive's character art is better with the 3D models than 2D, I'm still getting it anyway. I think Chibi's save the framerate because it could be developed with the Vita in mind although in Exist Archive, they look decent.
terminus24

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:54 am Reply with quote
Wait, so Steins;Gate comes out on PS3/Vita next week? Last time I checked, the copy I ordered from Amazon was set to be released on the 31st.
toddc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:22 am Reply with quote
terminus24 wrote:
Wait, so Steins;Gate comes out on PS3/Vita next week? Last time I checked, the copy I ordered from Amazon was set to be released on the 31st.

August 25 is the official release date, but it seems a lot of retailers listed it for next Monday.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:35 pm Reply with quote
YES!!! Finally getting Jam Kuradoberi; I knew I held off buying Guilty Gear Xrd for a reason. She was always my favorite character and she had some fine moves. All the other characters seemed too slow in comparison, besides Chipp of course. Can't wait for this.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm quite curious what will happen with the RE2 remake. The series has undergone a lot changes over the years, but at the same time, how much can you change before it becomes less of a remake, and more of an entirely different game?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Resident Evil 2 never had the same impact in 1998 as the original Resident Evil did on the fledging PlayStation generation of 1996,

That'd be weird though considering it's lifetime sales are higher than the original game.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Exist Archive: The dungeon models are something people are probably not going to stop yammering about. I understand the point they're making, but it's not going to ultimately unravel the game.

Mega Man Legacy Collection: As nice as it is, it's not what people want. I wonder if X is going to get a "legacy" collection too; wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the case.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Quote:
Resident Evil 2 never had the same impact in 1998 as the original Resident Evil did on the fledging PlayStation generation of 1996,

That'd be weird though considering it's lifetime sales are higher than the original game.

I think he meant it in the sense of impact, not quality. Both SH 2 and Re 2 are generally regarded as the best or in the top two of their respective series, but it was the original games that started a glory era of horror games.
Hyperdrve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I don't find it to be good news that Invader Games of all people were invited by Capcom to give their ideas for a RE2 Remake.

First of all, tank controls and static cameras are Item No. 1 on the list of "what not to f*** up on the RE2 Remake".

Other than that, it's worth mentioning that Invader Games have no merit themselves and I find it very shady that they managed to receive coverage from video game journalists. Not that video game journalism wasn't already shady business in begin with.

The real visionary is Rod Lima who was the first to come out and upload a version of a RE2 Remake. As far as I know, Rod Lima was the first person to come up with the idea of importing the assets from Darkside Chronicles into the UDK. Then later came Invader Games and copied his idea but instead imported the DC assets into the Unity game engine. Then apparently Invader Games wasn't competent enough to program a game so they switched to the Blueprint system of UE4.

It had been two years since Invader Games announced that they would make a fanmade RE2 Remake and all they came up in that time was a very buggy demo which lasted at most 10 minutes. You had to learn about the bugs to be able to complete the demo. On the other hand it took Rod Lima one month to single-handedly code and showcase a working version Claire's A scenario.

If you search for Rod Lima in youtube you can see that he's still active and pushing out great content for his RE2 Remake. On the other hand Invader Games had to "stop" when they were invited by Capcom and now the world will never get to their RE2 Remake Rolling Eyes that never was going to come out anyway since it's clear that they're not capable of making a game.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I hope that Lost Dimension does good enough for them to consider building upon it and making a better sequel. It has the beginnings of a great game.

I just really want something to take over for that Valkyria Chronicles hole.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Hyperdrve wrote:
Not that video game journalism wasn't already shady business in begin with.

Yeahhhh let's not bring that up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1