• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gleowine

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:45 pm Reply with quote
A few years back I watched a trailer for an upcoming live action release. From what I remember, it was about a Japanese woman who is a voice actress for an anime and lives with her mother. The mother dies suddenly, and the woman carries her mother's ashes back to her hometown. I can't remember the title, nor have I seen anything else about the movie since.
pibburns

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:54 pm Reply with quote
gleowine wrote:
A few years back I watched a trailer for an upcoming live action release. From what I remember, it was about a Japanese woman who is a voice actress for an anime and lives with her mother. The mother dies suddenly, and the woman carries her mother's ashes back to her hometown. I can't remember the title, nor have I seen anything else about the movie since.

Perhaps the 2013 film "My Little Sweet Pea" (Mugiko-san to).
gleowine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:42 am Reply with quote
pibburns wrote:
gleowine wrote:

Perhaps the 2013 film "My Little Sweet Pea" (Mugiko-san to).

That's the one! Thank you, pibburns.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:22 am Reply with quote
Can i Buy a Music Licence?

So basically the other day i spent quite a long time making a youtube video with a song from Gakkou Gurashi, Once i uploaded it i had a notice that i couldn't use the song and it will now mute all audio used in my video... I was wondering if i could buy a license so i am able to use this song :3
Philmister978

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Trying to find this in the encyclopedia's not helping me, so I've come to ask it.

See I just stumbled upon this anime, and it features a sentient teapot that can travel in time with a group of people, most of whom from what look like Arabian times. Here's the character in question: http://oi57.tinypic.com/e5l7og.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
pibburns

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Philmister978 wrote:
Trying to find this in the encyclopedia's not helping me, so I've come to ask it.

See I just stumbled upon this anime, and it features a sentient teapot that can travel in time with a group of people, most of whom from what look like Arabian times. Here's the character in question: http://oi57.tinypic.com/e5l7og.jpg

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

This reminds me of Time Trouble Tondekeman
(anime#1753).
renee_88

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Ok first of all I watch anime online for free a lot of the time. So here's what I found so far that I love Kamisama Hajimemashita I have seen season 1 and 2 and the ovas.

Ok so here we are on Monday September 14 I see a link for a new episode called Kamisama Hajimemashita Kako-hen Episode 1. I watch it I like it I see a preview at the end for the next week. Which would be today.

I go back to the site and can't find it on there. No new episodes but in there listing from last Monday it still has the episode 1 link from Monday.

So I did a web search for the show and can't find anything.

Plus the site where I found it has it in a weird area.

If you have seen the season 1 and season 2 in order you would know that the white haired fox and the girl goes to a party for gods. And in the beginning of the episode it shows a few minutes of that just to show where they left off. But the series order shows this "Kamisama Hajimemashita Kako-hen Episode 1" under the ova from season 1.

When I visited the site where I watch anime online it shows season 1 and all the episodes and the a ova and then this link and then season 2 only has season 2 episodes.

So here's what I would like to know.

1. Did the site mess up where they put the link.(Maybe)
2. Or is the episode from a different order like between season 1 and 2.
3. Is it a weekly show or just a ova showing a preview but just a 1 episode thing.

I have loved this show since my first episode and still loving it.

I have taken a look on anime news network and could not find it anywhere maybe I spelt it wrong. But if there's anyone that could help me find out more that would be great.

Thank you all and god bless.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:13 pm Reply with quote
@ renee_88

First just a little warning using free illegal sites, ANN really does not want to encourage it too much and as a bear minimum members cannot recommend such sites. You won't get punished just because you do, I myself often use one specifically because something like this can be missed otherwise.

Now the series, Kamisama Hajimemashite, or by the English name Kamisama Kiss. The episode you are talking about is an OVA, and was bundled with a recent manga releases. From comments from this site I am aware that it has not been picked up by official English channels that did the first two seasons, likely due to some issues with this sort of thing. According to an article the second of the OVA/OAD will come with the next manga on December 18. Now since there are no official channels in this you are looking at only a fansub, which has the chance of being a bit unpredictable with how long it can take, but as it stands you probably should look forward to it as a to be Christmas present.

There is a new article in the manga section about these two OVAs, but as of yet there does not seem to be any official Encyclopedia pages. Anyway, I too am waiting for this next episode, which from what I heard seems an indication that it will probably be the last we see of it as an anime.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:44 am Reply with quote
I merged this question here because I figured that that it had a better chance of being answered in this thread rather than in the Music forum.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
#844732 wrote:
Can i Buy a Music Licence?

So basically the other day i spent quite a long time making a youtube video with a song from Gakkou Gurashi, Once i uploaded it i had a notice that i couldn't use the song and it will now mute all audio used in my video... I was wondering if i could buy a license so i am able to use this song :3

I suspect having a license wouldn't really help that much, since the system that blocked the content is automatic. Even companies like FUNimation have had problems with YouTube blocking their own videos; as a content owner they can get that straightened out but I expect you would find it a lot more difficult to contest.

As to how, I believe in principal you can apply to a copyright society like JASRAC: http://www.jasrac.or.jp/ejhp/users/index.html (assuming the music you want is represented)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Everelda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:40 pm Reply with quote
ok this anime has been exceptionally hard to find as i cannot remember the name just the plot to the show.

this is a dual show anime where two plots run side by side in the same universe but rarely interact.

side a has 2 super heroes (i think both female) who try to save the day but often end up wrecking more than they save thus being seen as villians.

side b has 5 girls who recently had both parents die they come from a long line of super villians and accidentally release their sealed powers. trying to follow in their families footsteps they often end up doing far far more good than they intend. they often see the super heroes on the news and wish they could be more evil like them.

of the ones that i remember best are two and they are an episode about a race. and a seperate episode where one of the 5 girls favorite bathouse is about to be shut down so she fixes it.
the eldest sister of the 5 girls often has to juggle many jobs so i mainly see in each episode as she's taken up a job to be in the plot there

it was english subbed.
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Everelda wrote:
ok this anime has been exceptionally hard to find as i cannot remember the name just the plot to the show.

Perhaps Akahori Gedō Hour LoveGé?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akahori_Gedou_Hour_Rabuge

Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:59 pm Reply with quote
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:51 pm Reply with quote
errinundra wrote:

Thank you for taking the trouble to post the link.

Everelda wrote:
...and a seperate episode where one of the 5 girls favorite bathouse is about to be shut down so she fixes it.

Episode 10 of LoveGé is an episode about a bathhouse.

Everelda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:36 am Reply with quote
Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge was the right one Anime smile gonna go watch it now i loved this show glad someone could help me find it again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 511 of 569