• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Cabbage Meme Returns in Monster Musume & 2nd Season Revealed?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:21 pm Reply with quote
My cabbages!
ExLeaderTGW

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm not surprised if Monster Musume does get a second season. The sales were great, the fans love their monster girls, and it's just one of those bizarre harem shows that you can't help but watch. Smile
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:13 pm Reply with quote
So it is purposely done, I watching this anime and I dont yet to see any quality issue..
chito895

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I usually don't like when there are lots of stupid boob shots in an anime, but when MonMusu does it, I can't just not laugh at how funny it is and looks. The characters are so likeable that in the end I just forget about all the problems I have with Miia and Centorea's enourmous, ridiculous cleavages.

In that sense, I'd like to watch more of MonMusu, II just liked it very much. Very Happy
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:20 pm Reply with quote
ExLeaderTGW wrote:
I'm not surprised if Monster Musume does get a second season. The sales were great, the fans love their monster girls, and it's just one of those bizarre harem shows that you can't help but watch. Smile

The sales were hardly great. Combined BD/DVD first week and with event tickets, it barely passed the 5K mark. Although a relatively decent number, considering sales are bound to drop in future installments, I doubt it'll pass the 4K mark on average volume sales once it's done. That's barely enough to recoup the studio's expenditure. Unless you're talking about a major sales boost in the manga, the sales and the projected average for the anime will hardly be enough for it to not be considered a flop
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quote
That cabbage is as (in)famous as the 'car chase' in Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Smile ...

That said, the 'cabbage' was corrected in the DVD version of Yoake Mae yori Ruriiro na.

By the way, in case someone wondered, Yoake Mae is based on the visual novel by August(company), primarily with art by Bekkankō.
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:28 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
ExLeaderTGW wrote:

The sales were hardly great. Combined BD/DVD first week and with event tickets, it barely passed the 5K mark. Although a relatively decent number, considering sales are bound to drop in future installments, I doubt it'll pass the 4K mark on average volume sales once it's done. That's barely enough to recoup the studio's expenditure. Unless you're talking about a major sales boost in the manga, the sales and the projected average for the anime will hardly be enough for it to not be considered a flop

Huh, that's bullshit - flops are like 1k and below, 4k is perfectly fine and it's pretty good for an ecchi show since they usually don't sell too well.

Also you really don't know how much the studio spent so don't try that either - all you can possibly know is VERY rough estimates.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:37 pm Reply with quote
^I never said it was a flop. But you can't call those sales "great" either. Of course I'm going off that old base that 3K in sales is in average enough to recoup the studio's money, but like you said it's impossible to know, and depends a lot on the studio and the production. However, this show's production values look quite good, so I imagine they spent more money than, say, Gangsta or Rokka, and thus I think 4-5k can't really be considered a success, even if, as you say "ecchi doesn't sell that much". Look at other ecchi series like DxD, previous season averaged over 9k, and the current one's looking at around 6-7K. There are plenty of examples of harem/ecchi comedies doing great too: Infinite Stratos (21K), OreImo (15K), Date a Live (8K). MonMusu was supposed to bring the advent of the Monster girls era, but its sales performance is hardly worth notice
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Exactly, the sales are disappointing. But at least the manga sells well. My belief is that these ecchi shows are only hurt by TV censorship, promising nipples for the BDs really doesn't cause people into a frenzy to purchase. HSDxD did just fine with uncensored AT-X broadcasts.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:59 pm Reply with quote
I would be thrilled if Season 2 of Monster Musume were to happen. The Monster Girls were a fun bunch with so many unique traits.
AnimeAngel327

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Dear God! Please let it happen! I'd be the happiest Otaku in the Universe! (^∇^) †

In all honesty Monster Musume deserves to have a second season. I Mean First, the Manga Sells extremely well In Japan and Overseas. Otakus in Japan spent $800 on a love pillow for Miia. Recently The Blu- Ray/DVD sold 5k+ within a week (the number will increase).

The Series is a complete standout. How many series can we say that are Harem/Ecchi, have Extremely likable Characters, Awesome Story and great character development, A protagonist that's not a bitch and fully aware of all the girls feelings. And to top it all off it's NOT a f**king "High School life series".

Also It doesn't have obsessive fan service (it's there but it's not the focus or super distracting). Example: There aren't 9000 f**king random shower scenes, clothes changing, or unskirt scenes, like about garbages series do.

Aside from Overlord and Actually, I Am this is the only Harem series that deserves a second season. #ThankYouOkayado
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:54 pm Reply with quote
A 2nd season would be nice. And I just watched the embedded YouTube video of the car "chase" Laughing Damn, the annotations were hilarious.
Storm101

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:57 pm Reply with quote
We're just saying that 4-5k are not numbers that indicate a future season. That's why Noragami getting a second season was surprising, because it just doesn't happen very often (unless they were planned ahead of time split-cours, of course).
WitchWatcher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:36 pm Reply with quote
sneaky way to announce it if there is a 2nd season
Rederoin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Unless we get a direct confirmation from the producer, it will always be impossible to know if an anime turned a profit or not.
Oricon does not report all of the sales(both manga/LN and BD/DVDs), merch sales or whatever else the anime is promoting.

Kreion wrote:
[
Huh, that's bullshit - flops are like 1k and below, 4k is perfectly fine and it's pretty good for an ecchi show since they usually don't sell too well.

Like the monogatari series, strike witches, IS, High School DxD, To Love-Ru and Queen's blade?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3