• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sailor Moon Crystal Casts Junko Minagawa, Sayaka Ohara as Sailor Uranus & Neptune

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:36 am Reply with quote
It begins...AGAIN!

Today is Haruka's birthday, too.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:53 am Reply with quote
Awesome! I love their work! I've wanted to hear more of Yukiyo Fujii since her minor role in Heartcatch Precure, so hearing her as Sailor Saturn will be awesome! Very Happy
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Umeka Shouji

Always welcomed addition to the cast.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:45 am Reply with quote
Junko Minagawa...YES! YES! YESSSSSS!
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:15 am Reply with quote
it's a funny coincidence how the main villain was voiced by Kenshiro in the original anime,and now the true villain behind the man will be voiced by Toki in this version.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:34 am Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
it's a funny coincidence how the main villain was voiced by Kenshiro in the original anime,and now the true villain behind the man will be voiced by Toki in this version.

Also Tomoe himself in Crystal is voiced by Shin from the New Savior films & Han from the Ken's Rage 2 game. Laughing
kamui85

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:04 am Reply with quote
i was looking forward to hearing yuko minaguchi as hotaru again Sad her voice is so old school distinct
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:31 am Reply with quote
I was personally hoping for Mitsuki Saiga for Uranus, if they were going to go with a more well-known actress, but oh well.

Minagawa's done both male roles and tough female roles, so she should be able to pull off Uranus' gender ambiguous voice well.

Ohara as Neptune I'm waiting to hear, since she's done both flighty characters (Iri in the Fate franchise, Raquel in Scrapped Princess) and sultry characters (ohai der, Yuuko...). If she can hit that middle ground (wise and mature, but not too deep), like a few of her characters (maybe closer to Sayaka from God Eater), it won't be bad, but I still want to hear her first.
Morning Blue

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:59 am Reply with quote
So that's three voice actresses from Aria in this series now, combining them with Ryou Hirohashi (Luna). Quite a few actresses from World Trigger, too. Not surprising, considering that series is made by Toei.

I also have to admit that I kind of applaud Toei for, much like the original series, not getting huge-name actresses for most of the new cast this season.
manapear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. I'm not sure I'm familiar with the names, but I'll bet I've heard them (apparently I've heard Neptune as Raquel, and I liked her there!). I look forward to hearing them all! ♥

Also super pumped for new art by Naoko. I kind of hope it's hyper long and wispy like the new cover art, but I'm curious about how it'll look. (Maybe like her art for the reprint we have in the US, since this anime's style is rounder and softer.)
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:09 pm Reply with quote
manapear wrote:
Hmm. I'm not sure I'm familiar with the names, but I'll bet I've heard them (apparently I've heard Neptune as Raquel, and I liked her there!). I look forward to hearing them all! ♥

http://love-boat.tumblr.com/post/138148316412/uranus-and-neptunes-new-seiyuus-junko-x-sayaka

The volume is low but here's a short clip from the event with Uranus & Neptune's VAs.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:13 am Reply with quote
I think it would be even better if Viz uploaded the latest "R" dubbed episodes on Hulu. It might be they haven't yet since they have been working hard on Crystal.
NJ_

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I think it would be even better if Viz uploaded the latest "S" dubbed episodes on Hulu. It might be they haven't yet since they have been working hard on Crystal.

Fixed!

The R dub was posted months ago & has been out on disc for a while.
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm not familiar with these voice actresses, but Fairy Tail fans can rejoice that Sailor Neptune is being voiced by Erza herself.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1