• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim's Toonami to Run Hunter x Hunter TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimoli5395

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:44 am Reply with quote
This is going to be awesome! I envy anyone who gets to watch it.

If only the UK still had Toonami Crying or Very sad
Whis-pur

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:52 am Reply with quote
Yes!! It's spreading Very Happy
Deoxy360

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:08 am Reply with quote
jimoli5395 wrote:
This is going to be awesome! I envy anyone who gets to watch it.

If only the UK still had Toonami Crying or Very sad

If only Australia still had Toonami too! Maybe anime labs or madman can get some kind of streaming rights.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:09 am Reply with quote
looks like its finally time to watch this
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:16 am Reply with quote
Whis-pur wrote:
Yes!! It's spreading Very Happy

Hiatus spreading is never good. Wink
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:28 am Reply with quote
Blu-ray/DVD release dates is all i care about but im glad for those who will get to watch it.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
Are they never planning on giving us a release date for the DVDs?
Its been forever since they announced this and it feels like they should have dubbed most of the episodes by now so want them to hurry up so i can to own this great show.

I really want own the original Hunter x Hunter anime too so i hope they will release it again in the future because the old DVDs seems impossible to find nowadays.

Last edited by CyberLance on Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:30 am Reply with quote
So, will the children being murdered by the Ants be changed to pumpkins? Rolling Eyes
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:30 am Reply with quote
You know, I'm not upset about BZ! dubbing The show, since many of us knew it was going to be a Bang Zoom! production from the start ever since Justin Sevakis teased us that he was working on an unnounced Viz title that was going to be announced last year, and this was the show. Also, I have a good feeling that BZ is going to knock it out of the ballpark for the HxH dub, since the studio has a lot more voice directors compared to Studiopolis. In addition, the voice director(s) will do a good job on handling the performances on the voice actors dubbing the characters and the different arcs HxH has. Guess I stand corrected, since Studiopolis currently has two long runners in their plate (Naruto and Sailor Moon), and Viz didn't want to stress their client by adding in another long running show, which would delay the progress on one of the two long running shows.

So it seems like Viz Media would use Bang Zoom! Entertainment if:

1. Studiopolis does not have enough room to dub any more licensed shows from Viz.

and/or

2. If the series they licensed is a 12-13 episode anime series.

This is HUGE surprise if you ask me, since this will be the first long running show Bang Zoom! has dub in almost a decade since Eureka Seven. But the first time Bang Zoom! dubs an 100+ episode series, given that most of the shows they dub throughout their history tend to be 12-13 or 24-26 episode anime series.

Now regardless of which dub (non-union or Union) the series will become (though it looks to be far-fetched this would be unionized), I do want to say this: Please, have the other voice actors (particularly the new ones that have not been used as often at BZ!) involved and getting roles rather than just re-using the same voice actors in your dubs over and over again. I know shouldn't make a fuss about it, but come at least the new voice actors that BZ! rarely uses need to have their cake and eat it too, you know.

Lastly, I do hope that once they air this show on Toonami in two weeks time, I really want for them to include English credits, instead of leaving the series opening and credits in Japanese, just like what happened to Shippuden.

But other than that looking forward for Hunter X Hunter airing on Toonami since the show will be a monster hit In ratings. Plus, this could be a huge sign that Williams Street mighty increase their relationship with Viz Media a lot more, since the only Viz title currently airing on the block is Naruto Shippuden.

Last edited by DisneyXAnimefan95 on Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:41 am Reply with quote
Hunter X Hunter seems like a great fit for the block, I hope it does well there.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:52 am Reply with quote
2/3 of the block is now occupied by long runners that could potentially last for years. Unless one gets cancelled, this is a bad idea.
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:06 am Reply with quote
A few things
1. Awesome.
2. Nice to see Bang Zoom handling this. I guess Viz learned from last time with Blue Water.
3. My only reservation about this is that you have 4 long running shows on the block compared to 3 which are occupied by short series with one thats used for reruns(Parasyte getting the treatment after it finishes).

From a programming standpoint its fine because you have 4 spots occupied without worry of finding something to fill it for the following year. From a viewing standpoint, this hurts them. You have Dragonball which everyone and their grandma has seen already. Naruto and One Piece can be a chore with filler and pacing issues. Add HxH which is not as action oriented compared to the other 3 until you get till halfway through. My issue is that I've seen these already and I know everyone is not me but whats the point other than leaving it on as background noise.

To me this bogs down Toonami because it leaves them with just two slots to keep the block fresh with a stream of different series. But right now for the short future, barring Champloo, once Parasyte ends the Dimension W slot will be the only one that does have either a long runner or something that already aired. That is just a handicap in my opinion.

Toonami desperately needs an hour back or once DW and Champloo end has to find something in either the Viz/Funi/Sentai catalog that is short and hasn't aired on tv that can keep the block fresh.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:20 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
2/3 of the block is now occupied by long runners that could potentially last for years. Unless one gets cancelled, this is a bad idea.

Forgetting that DBZ Kai ends in November and there are currently no plans to replace it with the Buu Saga dub.
TheAAA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:51 am Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
A few things
1. Awesome.
2. Nice to see Bang Zoom handling this. I guess Viz learned from last time with Blue Water.
3. My only reservation about this is that you have 4 long running shows on the block compared to 3 which are occupied by short series with one thats used for reruns(Parasyte getting the treatment after it finishes).

From a programming standpoint its fine because you have 4 spots occupied without worry of finding something to fill it for the following year. From a viewing standpoint, this hurts them. You have Dragonball which everyone and their grandma has seen already. Naruto and One Piece can be a chore with filler and pacing issues. Add HxH which is not as action oriented compared to the other 3 until you get till halfway through. My issue is that I've seen these already and I know everyone is not me but whats the point other than leaving it on as background noise.

To me this bogs down Toonami because it leaves them with just two slots to keep the block fresh with a stream of different series. But right now for the short future, barring Champloo, once Parasyte ends the Dimension W slot will be the only one that does have either a long runner or something that already aired. That is just a handicap in my opinion.

Toonami desperately needs an hour back or once DW and Champloo end has to find something in either the Viz/Funi/Sentai catalog that is short and hasn't aired on tv that can keep the block fresh.

It probably going to be OPM or Tokyo Ghoul. Both would be really smart grabs for them. HxH is a good choice but if they wanted a new long runner they should have gone for JoJo. If only.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:02 am Reply with quote
I think Viz might be holding onto that one for themselves and Hulu ala Crystal.

I want my NYC subway JoJo ads dammit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6