• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Live-Action Higurashi Show Reveals Story, NGT48 Theme Song, May 20 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:59 am Reply with quote
Another movie?
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Another movie?

It's a TV series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Just the first 3 arcs? I was interested/hoping in seeing an adaptation that would've tried encompassing the whole series, even if it meant deleting/rearranging content, but I guess not. I'll still check it out if Crunchyroll gets this.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I'm not exactly up to date on my Japanese actresses, so can anyone tell me what characters those are supposed to be in the picture, from left to right? Since they don't have the different colored hair, i'm not 100% sure who is who.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Okay, now that we have confirmation on what they're adapting, can we stop calling Tomitake the "male lead"? He's not. In the overall scheme of things, he's not even all that important. Keiichi is the male lead, Keiichi is the main character, and Keiichi is the only guy featured on the key image (Tomitake isn't on the image at all, Oishi is the other one shown).
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Okay, now that we have confirmation on what they're adapting, can we stop calling Tomitake the "male lead"? He's not. In the overall scheme of things, he's not even all that important. Keiichi is the male lead, Keiichi is the main character, and Keiichi is the only guy featured on the key image (Tomitake isn't on the image at all, Oishi is the other one shown).

until season 2 when the story shifted focus to Rika but you're right
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
Dessa wrote:

until season 2 when the story shifted focus to Rika but you're right

The focus goes to Rika, yes, but considering that Keiichi spoiler[is the one who manages to at least retain feelings, if not outright memories of the previous worlds, and is the one who is the instigator in Rika finding a way to break through in the barrier of June 1984], I'd argue that he's the main character of the series as a whole.
Brand

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
I'm not exactly up to date on my Japanese actresses, so can anyone tell me what characters those are supposed to be in the picture, from left to right? Since they don't have the different colored hair, i'm not 100% sure who is who.

You can tell because of the clothes but it is hard. And the girls playing Rika and Satoko look at least 10 years to old.

So, on the bottom: Rika, Satoko, Rena, Keiichi, Mion, and Shion

The top is a bit more questionable: Hanyuu (really not sure???), Miyo (I think?), and Ooishi.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:14 pm Reply with quote
That's who I ID'd the top as.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1