• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Interview: Grand Kingdom

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
explosionforgov

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:07 am Reply with quote
I think things got a little mixed up with the press releases here. Eyes of Heaven is a 2-on-2 fighting game with RPG elements, while Golden Wind is a totally different JoJo's beat-em-up game for the PS2 that never got released over here. Something regarding Giorno Giovanna's Stand, Golden Experience, and copyright infringement issues (his Stand is named after a Prince song, Prince's lawyers wanted them to change it, Araki refused). Since then, subsequent Giorno appearances in video games just renamed his Stand Golden Wind, after the English translation of Part 5's title ("Vento Aureo").

From what I've seen, Eyes of Heaven has the most to do with "Stone Ocean" (Part 6). Particularly, "What if DIO achieved his goal of a Heavenly form in Part 6," mixed in with "What if every generation of the Joestar clan finally met," and a twisted version of "What if all the dead characters came back to life?"
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:16 am Reply with quote
MN9 is one of the blandest games I've played in awhile. It looks like something a bunch of students made as their final project in "game design"(you got a problem with Ride to Hell is more visually appealing). I know people keep using the excuse that they only had 4 million for this (which is small in game development),but then you something like Bloodstained which looks great already; they obviously blew all their money on doing this for 10 different platforms which is just insane! What really kills the game for me is the level design;it is so empty of life with no creativity to it at all. It would play decent if it weren't for that (music is also non-existent.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:42 am Reply with quote
I'll probably be waiting for the localization of Berserk Musou, I get the feeling some of the violence may be censored in the Japanese release, i heard that there was more blood in Fist of the North Star Ken's rage in NA, so it may end up being the case with Berserk Musou as well. i wish they just went the Z rating route so the Japanese release can have more blood and gore.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:56 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
I'll probably be waiting for the localization of Berserk Musou, I get the feeling some of the violence may be censored in the Japanese release, i heard that there was more blood in Fist of the North Star Ken's rage in NA, so it may end up being the case with Berserk Musou as well. i wish they just went the Z rating route so the Japanese release can have more blood and gore.

In an interview with one of the producers they said they would have to tone down the sexual content but would make up for it by increasing the amount of blood and gore in the NA release (understandable since the game would get an adult rating).

Last edited by Themaster20000 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Thread_Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:29 am Reply with quote
I've always had a love/hate relationship with video game special editions. Really the only thing I want is an artbook but they are always so small that you might as well not get them. And in the case of some games it's just a couple of wepon concepts stapled into the case. (I'm looking at you Final Fantasy games.)

I wish publishers would release more coffee table like books with their concept art and models. But I'm guessing that the cost to print them wouldn't be worth it. At least outside of the super poplar long running games. Sad
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm gonna be sad when Berserk Musou comes stateside because we won't be getting Kevin T. Collins as Griffith.

Taaake my love...
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:03 pm Reply with quote
That Little Ninja Brothers comic certainly seems amusing enough, and it is indeed sad the tiger wasn't playable. He seems like that one cool character that's not trying too hard to be awesome and attention-getting like so many similar cases tend to do.

Mighty No. 9: I think it's best you play the game for yourself and determine if you like it or not. Just don't approach it with the same standards you would for a Mega Man game and I think you'll be fine whether you enjoy MN9 or not.

God Eater Resurrection: Well for anyone curious, this is a good time to get yourself caught up with God Eater gameplay and the story before God Eater 2 comes out. Shamefully, my old PSP copy of God Eater Burst has seen little playtime in recent months. I can't seem to direct my attention toward it (Summon Night 5, on the other hand, has had more time from me than any title currently XD).

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness: The biggest draw of this game for me is going to be the entire party fighting at once; I'm not getting my hopes up for an amazing story like Star Ocean 2 had. Now I just need to get a PS4 (I know I keep repeating myself about this, but I still haven't taken the time to go buy one yet, plus I'm worried about the PS3 data transfer).
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:25 pm Reply with quote
All those Mighty No 9 and they're crying like a backer on launch day.

Well, congrats Inafune. Your career is officially over.
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Zero Time Dilemma will also be released on Windows, on June 29.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/311240/
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:00 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
God Eater Resurrection: Well for anyone curious, this is a good time to get yourself caught up with God Eater gameplay and the story before God Eater 2 comes out.

Or I can save money by just getting Resurrection for free when I buy GE2 on day 1. Wink

Beatdigga wrote:

I told folks Azure Striker Gunvolt is our savior. I hope it gained more fans now because of this.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
and it enjoyed several several sequels

How much is several several Todd?

Quote:
Yes, even the making of a Zero Escape title is tense and complicated.

But it will it force people to look up walkthrough's to figure out how to solve it Laughing

Quote:
This captures the parts of Berserk that some of us would rather not discuss.

I've been trying to figure out for the last few days why fans have been quick to complain about the content of the teaser trailer (with some going as far to insist it contains rape despite there being nothing of the sort occurring in the trailer) but yet seem to have no problem with the wanton violence that Berserk is (or was known for).
ConnormonCat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:45 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

Or I can save money by just getting Resurrection for free when I buy GE2 on day 1. Wink

Wait it's include in GE2?! I didn't even know, day 1 GE2 it is then...
is this why GE:R is digital only or is GE2 digital as well?
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

He is making Recore as an xbox exclusive, if that game is pretty good, then this will probably be overlooked pretty quickly.

He made a meh game, but I have never liked how in gaming a lot of great and prolific game designers were exiled to oblivion over one bad project.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:03 am Reply with quote
Man, I cannot wait for Zero Time Dilemma! I've been following the series since the beginning, and a new chapter is always welcome! Shame to hear its sales were so low it almost didn't happen though. I kind of wish the whole series would get a few anime adaptations, boost its popularity, and they'd just be awesome adaptations.

My 3DS is going to get a lot of use this year in general, Zero Escape is only the first of a long line of 3DS games I'm hyped for (Dragon Quest 7 and Pokemon S&M top the list)
Paiprince

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Thread_Alchemist wrote:
I've always had a love/hate relationship with video game special editions. Really the only thing I want is an artbook but they are always so small that you might as well not get them. And in the case of some games it's just a couple of wepon concepts stapled into the case. (I'm looking at you Final Fantasy games.)

I wish publishers would release more coffee table like books with their concept art and models. But I'm guessing that the cost to print them wouldn't be worth it. At least outside of the super poplar long running games. Sad

Less artbooks and more toys and figures for Special Editions. Like you said, they're usually small and are printed in low quality paper compared to standalone ones you buy at a bookstore. Game packaged figures don't escape this issue as well, but seeing as how their quality has gotten better even including reputable brands like Figma and Play-arts, it's a much better value for a collector.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2