• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mononofu Manga Ends in Shonen Jump, 3 New Series to Launch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:34 am Reply with quote
Only natural, times really are changing with bleach ending, toriko looking to be ending soon and gintama entering its final arc it was an inevitability. My generation of jump really is coming to a close(not saying its a bad thing). Ohh and since Mononofu ended i might just check it out now.
Vongola Prim0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:07 am Reply with quote
Yakusoku Neverland will have my undivided attention. The artist is amazing and it seems to have an intriguing premise.Children with Numbers on their necks to tell them apart and they are in an orphanage, I can see where this is going, but who cares, as long as the author keeps to exciting.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:51 am Reply with quote
E-Robot was a disaster and kind of embarrassing, and personally, it got the quick death it deserved. I hope Love Rush cares more about the characters than cramming sexually suggestive stuff everywhere, considering Nisekoi is going to end soon, opening up the spot for the one romance series that's always in the magazine.
Larkan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:58 am Reply with quote
Love Rush One-Shot was very well received by the JP community.

But that doesn't matter since well received one-shot that turned into series have gotten axed before.

it all depends on how well it grabs the romcom readers from WSJ.

From the other two series, i don't know what to expect.
ETX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:01 am Reply with quote
Mononofu is getting axed? I was really enjoying it..
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:41 am Reply with quote
E-Robot was repuslive on every level, so i've no hopes at all for Love Rush.

Yakusaku Netherland has an interesting premise, and Red Sprite has a cool sounding premise. Lets see...

Oh, and RIP Mononofu. Not my favorite but seemed relatively innocuous.
marshmallowpie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:39 am Reply with quote
I liked E-Robot! And I'm saying that despite being a total prude lesbian. It was completely silly and never took itself seriously, or at least that's my impression from the four chapters I read. How can something like "boob-fu" be sleazy when it's so absolutely ridiculous? Love Rush's monster girls don't appeal to me at all though. Anyway, I feel like Viz won't even bother with it when there were like three people, tops, who didn't hate E-Robot.

The other two new series don't interest me either, but at the very least they should be better than Takuan. Couldn't even finish the second chapter of that.
shadowsythe13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:35 am Reply with quote
Does anybody know is there going to be any new battle shounen series like bleach and naruto, but just barely coming out like very new ones, I'm ready reading my hero academia and black clover and that's it. Hopefully shounen jump will get more battle shounen series soon
ichii_1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:09 am Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
toriko looking to be ending soon.

Toriko got a new editor a while ago and the rankings have improved, so I can see it going on for a few more years.
Space arc.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:33 pm Reply with quote
shadowsythe13 wrote:
Does anybody know is there going to be any new battle shounen series like bleach and naruto, but just barely coming out like very new ones, I'm ready reading my hero academia and black clover and that's it. Hopefully shounen jump will get more battle shounen series soon

I'd say about half of the new series put into Weekly Shonen Jump, whether it fails or succeeds, are battle series. They've always been a staplepart of the magazine.

marshmallowpie wrote:
I liked E-Robot! And I'm saying that despite being a total prude lesbian. It was completely silly and never took itself seriously, or at least that's my impression from the four chapters I read. How can something like "boob-fu" be sleazy when it's so absolutely ridiculous? Love Rush's monster girls don't appeal to me at all though. Anyway, I feel like Viz won't even bother with it when there were like three people, tops, who didn't hate E-Robot.

The other two new series don't interest me either, but at the very least they should be better than Takuan. Couldn't even finish the second chapter of that.

Oh, I don't mind if people liked E-Robot. But from the get-go, the premise felt pretty limited because of how specific it was, and it didn't feel like the series wanted to be anything more than what it was when it started.

Takuan is definitely even worse though. Well, the premise was interesting, and the hammer has a lot of potential, but my goodness, does the author have a fetish for ramming the girl's crotch into Takuan's face (and she looks like she's about 11 years old).
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Don't One Punch Man, Blue Exorcist, and Seraph: Battle of the End count as battle shonen manga in Jump? Don't count them out just because they're monthly!

The orphan one looks interesting, I'm glad Viz's version is giving us the first chapter. I wonder what the third manga is about and why it doesn't have a description?
Stabman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:48 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
Don't One Punch Man, Blue Exorcist, and Seraph: Battle of the End count as battle shonen manga in Jump? Don't count them out just because they're monthly!

Because they're not serialised in Shonen Jump (aside from the occasional special).
Somewhere

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Iiiinteresting.
So, normal practice is for 1 series to end the issue before the replacement series starts up. Since we're getting new series in issues 38 and 39, we'd expect a series to end in 36/37, then another in 38.
Latest spoilers are saying that both of the expected series to finish will do so in 36/37. If you've been following, you know which two. Also, both will get colour pages, but not the cover or the lead. One Piece will be the lead, as it seems that there's a tradition of One Piece getting the lead for the Obon issue since 2009.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1