• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Recommendations For Anime Viewing Sites

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Over the years,there have been times that I wanted to see anime online but there have been times when it's caused me a lot of trouble. I like dubbed anime so I've gone to those sites. Recently,I've had problems off and on. I even got a program I didn't even want and had problems getting rid off. Now,I'm doing something I perhaps should have done a long time ago. I should have asked different people what different dubbed anime sites they recommend. I don't want to go through those problems again so I hope that you guys can help me out here. What dubbed anime viewing websites do you guys think is safe to use? Which sites do you guys recommend?
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:31 am Reply with quote
^
Are those sites legal?
The DMCA complaints on Google make me think that they are not.

I am not able to watch streams so I cannot help you, but do you have a problem with the common sites such as Crunchyroll, Funimation, Hulu, etc?
The Shelf Life articles and reviews here often have information about where the anime is streaming.

Also, a lot of anime can be viewed from ANN. Just click on the "Video" menu at the top of the page. Not all of it is dubbed, but a lot is.
Unfortunately the alphabetical listing of anime does not tell you which are dubbed. That would be a nice feature if it could be implemented economically.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:13 am Reply with quote
So you seriously just created a thread in the Feedback section linking to 2 illegal viewing sites and asking for more. Really? You certainly have been here long enough to know that linking to & asking for links to illegal sites is not allowed here. So I have no idea how you thought this would be allowed. A quick google search would easily have given you plenty of answers with legal dubs. You could even watch some here no less. I removed the links frm your post and I am locking this down.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:32 pm Reply with quote
No,Psycho. That's not what I'm talking about! I think you and Touma might have misinterpreted me. One,I had no idea that both Justdubs.com and Dubhappy.com were illegal sites to start with! Shocked Two,I don't really know how to link to those sites because I have no idea how to do that sort of thing. Believe me! I had no clue! I hope you guys can forgive me for this.
I'm just trying to find dubbed anime viewing sites that won't cause me or my computer any problems. I didn't know that {links removed} were illegal sites. You guys must believe me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that you two and everyone else here on ANN will be able to help me. I hope that'll be accomplished without any recriminations,ok?
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:18 pm Reply with quote
@Snomaster1

First, you need to edit your response to remove the names of those sites. There is a reason Psycho 101 removed them from your initial post.

Second, the reason you got malware from the sites is that they are basically illegal and don't try too hard to keep it off the site.

As for recommendations, Funimation has the most dubbed anime. Crunchyroll and The Anime Channel have some. With all of these you are going to have to put up with ads or buy a subscription. Netflix has dubbed anime but requires a subscription. Hulu may still have some dubbed anime but now requires a subscription or will soon. Any dubbed anime you access from this site is likely hosted on one of the sites shown above. As far as I know that is most of the legal dubbed anime sites. Others may be able to provide a few additional sites but that is the bulk of them.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Would've been helpful if I actually locked the thread.instead of just saying it's locked. Ooopss. Even if you're being honest and did not know those 2 sites were not legal sites to watch a quick google search would have answered your question in about 30 seconds. Here's a list for you. You can also watch anime here on ANN in the video section. Now since your question has been answered I'm actually locking the thread this time.

https://myanimelist.net/featured/1617/The_18_Best_International_Sites_to_Legally_Stream_Anime
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1