• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Series Discussion Forum Rules

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:38 am Reply with quote
As you may have noticed the Anime discussion section has been split into 2 separate sections. We are now keeping actual series discussion and more off topic general discussion separate. This way users can more easily find the type of discussion they are looking to participate in. Whether it be a specific discussion on a current or past series, or just a more general discussion on why you became an anime fan or your favorite redhead female characters. Mmmmmm redheads.

The Series Discussion forum will now be used to discuss the episodes of shows, both ongoing and past broadcasts. The Series Index Sticky can provide users links to the official series discussion thread for any show. If there is not one for a show you wish to discuss ask a moderator to create one for you, and then we can add it to the series index.

The General Anime forum will now be used to discuss all things anime related outside of episodic discussion. For example, you can talk about a show's success(es) or failure(s), why you got into anime, or recommendation threads.

For any inquiries regarding these changes or requests, please post in this thread.

Additionally, please remember to follow Teh Rules.

Thank you.

Last edited by Redbeard 101 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Are you planning on porting over the Spoiler Tag Guidelines thread? I suppose it's still useful where it is, but more needed here.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Also can you add it to the main drop down menu? I keep clicking the Anime forum out of habit and miss what's going on here.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:47 pm Reply with quote
You're right, it would be more useful here. Ask and ye shall receive.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:44 am Reply with quote
Merci.
NeverConvex
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:07 am Reply with quote
Is there any way to discuss the on-going Dragon Quest series in this forum without violating the rules? It looks like no one ever replied to the original series discussion thread, so it's ~2 years old, even though the show is still airing and seems to have a decent following. Don't want to necropost, but curious if showing some interest in it would stir anyone else following it to actively discuss as well.

EDIT: Oh, wait -- I see 'The Rules' say "Anime Series Discussion threads in the Anime Forum" are an exception, so I suppose it is explicitly OK.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, any thread that is specifically in the Series Discussion forum is up talking and necroposting forever and ever. It's always good to have old and new insights and thoughts from people at any point in time. Discussion is the fuel of enlightenment!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1