• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 to Run on Toonami Starting January

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:42 pm Reply with quote
More Gundam. I guess IBO season 2 will air when this is finished.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:54 pm Reply with quote
This is fairly deep lore, fam. Better research.

Great show, though. I mean, the OVA was great. I imagine the TV series is just about, since it's just the OVA cut up into TV length episodes. The transitions episode-to-episode might be a bit weird, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Beansprout Midget

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:04 pm Reply with quote
AW YEAH

With this being my gateway Gundam series, this pleases me. Especially since I love the OP too. They did a really good job cutting the OVAs up into episode formats from what I saw.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Rather than have to wait for January, I will start watching the dub before Christmas.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, I liked IBO as my first foray into Gundam, so I guess I'll try and give this a shot when it premiers.

Now if we could get a hint as to what is possibly being aired in place of DBZ Kai, that'd be great. I'm hoping for either the Buu Saga or Super, by means of keeping any kind of DBZ on Toonami, but if they're going for another new series I'm curious as to what it could be.

Also, with this not premiering until next year and IBO ending within the next two weeks (believe last Saturday's episode was #23), I wonder what they're going to play during that time slot over the next few weeks. Like another movie run or something?
Animechic420

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I'll like this better then Iron-Blooded Orphans.
dark13

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Not shocked by this news I heard IBO was doing great in the ratings for Toonami, so they needed a new Gundam show to keep things up while IBO season 2 was getting a dub.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Also, with this not premiering until next year and IBO ending within the next two weeks (believe last Saturday's episode was #23), I wonder what they're going to play during that time slot over the next few weeks. Like another movie run or something?

99% sure it'll just be a few weeks of marathons. Movie nights aren't a thing they do with any regularity anymore, for a number of reasons. While they may still happen from time-to-time (as was the case with Children Who Chase Lost Voices), I do believe they've said something along the lines of not to "expect" movies anymore, and Lost Voices popping up on the schedule was certainly unexpected.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:15 am Reply with quote
Eh, IBO kinda turned me off to Gundam, but if I'm lucky I'll like this one better.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:56 am Reply with quote
Definitely will be just more marathons like they did last Christmas which led up to them showing Samurai Champloo after the marathons but this time with Gundam Unicorn RE: 0096.
redranger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:31 am Reply with quote
They should have gotten 00 or Age instead of this garbage. I need to wash out the shit fest that is iron blooded orphans.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:53 am Reply with quote
redranger wrote:
They should have gotten 00 or Age instead of this garbage. I need to wash out the shit fest that is iron blooded orphans.

It would help if Gundam's MC's weren't so hell bent on killing everybody when ordered to.
ew121

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:10 am Reply with quote
HEY I KNOW DUDE, LET'S AIR THE FANFIC SERIES THAT DEPENDS 100% ON THE OLD ORIGINAL GUNDAM SAGA THAT WE ACTUALLY NEVER AIRED! THAT MAKES COMPLETE SENSE!!

What is Zeon and why is there a "neo" Zeon what happened to the old one? Federation? eh?, who is Char, Puru? clones? what? why is Gundam so feared?, what the shit are newtypes, who is the indian chick in the finale, who the fudge are the zabi, who the fudge is zeon deikun, Bright Noa? who? what is a psycho frame? what is the psycommu, what are minovski particles? why the fudge is the gundam getting power from a green gas?

Not to mention that the edgy 15 year old that watch Toonami will hate a series that's against war.
Beansprout Midget

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:19 pm Reply with quote
#825565 wrote:
HEY I KNOW DUDE, LET'S AIR THE FANFIC SERIES THAT DEPENDS 100% ON THE OLD ORIGINAL GUNDAM SAGA THAT WE ACTUALLY NEVER AIRED! THAT MAKES COMPLETE SENSE!!

What is Zeon and why is there a "neo" Zeon what happened to the old one? Federation? eh?, who is Char, Puru? clones? what? why is Gundam so feared?, what the shit are newtypes, who is the indian chick in the finale, who the fudge are the zabi, who the fudge is zeon deikun, Bright Noa? who? what is a psycho frame? what is the psycommu, what are minovski particles? why the fudge is the gundam getting power from a green gas?

Not to mention that the edgy 15 year old that watch Toonami will hate a series that's against war.

I can understand where you're coming from on this, but at the same time I can't. I guess I am sort of the 'edgy 15 year old' who did watch Unicorn and loved it. Not to mention the only real info I knew about Gundam before hand was that the shows had mechas called Gundams, that I was jumping into the series at the end of the chronology of that century, and it had lots of war. I had no idea the answer to any of these questions listed above.

Maybe I'm an exception, but I believe it's possible for somebody not well versed in UC lore to watch this show and enjoy it.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:37 pm Reply with quote
redranger wrote:

00 was aired on SyFy, they may still have the rights to it. And Age has no US release, let alone a dub, so there's no way they can air it at this point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2