• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: DAYS Soccer Anime's New Sequel Teased in Promo Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diefty

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:51 pm Reply with quote
This got a sequel?! But it's awful, such a terrible anime, and this comes for a guy who loves both anime and football. Im surprised that Days is popular enough to get the second season. let alone while the first is already airing.
Cetais

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:05 pm Reply with quote
diefty wrote:
This got a sequel?! But it's awful, such a terrible anime, and this comes for a guy who loves both anime and football. Im surprised that Days is popular enough to get the second season. let alone while the first is already airing.
If it's already announced then it was planned before Days started airing. Wink
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Maybe the sequel will be just an OVA or a TV special adapting the last match before nationals, since the TV series ended at such an awkward point. Still, I just checked the manga's sales figures for the year, and it turns out they pretty much doubled thanks to the anime, so a second season wouldn't be that absurd.
Nakottih

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:32 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised for this anime to have a season two, when I know Giant Killing (way much better) doesn't... Rolling Eyes
Sad life...
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:33 am Reply with quote
Instead of a sequel to that crap give us another season of Giant Killing, finish the story of Aoki Densetsu Shoot or a sequel to Captain Tsubasa.
Rubyleaf

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:32 am Reply with quote
Aw, and here I thought it was a new promo video, but it was just the snippet at the end of the final episode... Season 2 better come soon! Yes, season 2. You cannot put such a hyped final match into just an OVA. You physically cannot. Not without completely butchering the pacing, cutting out all the good parts and making the audience angry.

Speaking of people getting angry... I'm kinda shaking my head at the comments above. Look, I feel you guys about your faves not getting sequels and I'm sure they deserved them, but it's not the show's fault. It's not like someone had the choice between giving your favorites and DAYS a sequel and chose DAYS, y'know? Your faves might still get the sequels they deserve. So... can you maybe chill? Rolling Eyes
Texas84

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Everyone has different tastes, that's fine, but this was the one I looked most forward to every week. Can't wait for S2.
AlterRydar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:59 am Reply with quote
I really liked the first season of Days enjoyed the characters and the animation MAPPA is starting to be my favorite studio.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1