• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Do you read fanfiction?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you read fanfiction?
Never and have no interest whatsoever
21%
 21%  [ 23 ]
Never, but interested
7%
 7%  [ 8 ]
Checked some out once
22%
 22%  [ 24 ]
Rarely, only for a select series/scenario/couple
14%
 14%  [ 16 ]
Sometimes
14%
 14%  [ 15 ]
Often
15%
 15%  [ 17 ]
I live off fanfiction!
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 107

Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I voted "sometimes" but actually it's been over 15 years since I last read any.

I used to read Daigasuki no Ranma (DnR), which ran from 1994 till 2001, and was never completed (I think I stopped reading around 1997).

There was also a fanfic about a female Saiyan warrior that I read, but IIRC the author removed it from the Internet (back when that was still somewhat possible). This was also published sometime in the 1990s (I remember reading it in 1995). Tried googling "Female Saiyan fanfiction" but that only gets post 2000 material.

There was also that 1 fanfic I wrote... but never completed. Bet you can't find it (I can't find it, and I know the title).
SolidSnake1111

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Never. If it's not canon or an officially authorized/published work like a novel, it's a waste of my time and I'm not interested.

Same. I don't see the point if it's not official.
SaiyanYasha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I've heard better comebacks from Marvel vs Capcom Sonic and sega all stars racing and Kingdom hearts, but this fanfiction stuff never amuses me with it's un interesting storyline this could lead to unusual crossovers of any animes that don't work together or any western animated series becoming something they aren't and should never become at all. to me this is just an example of what some manchildren would imagine and isn't that amusing, nor is it such a hot idea after all.:?what do you think would be a better solution on Fanfiction?
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:35 pm Reply with quote
SaiyanYasha wrote:
what do you think would be a better solution on Fanfiction?

Before I can think of a solution I need to see a problem that needs to be solved, and I do not see such a problem with fan fiction.

Even though I do not read much I know that fan fiction is very diverse. Enough so that there should be something for just about everybody.

Fan fiction has stories that are good, stories that are bad, and stories that are so-so. Just like all fiction.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PotatoGirl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:22 pm Reply with quote
I read a bit of fanfiction, but only for some fandoms and never any shipping fics. I like seeing what the writers can do with some barely explored parts of canon, not really the different AUs they can put their ship in.
I also write fanfiction, but don't expect it to be good.
TwistTale

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Fanfiction are also interesting. A few that I got are : Harry Potter Books (Books) and
Naruto (Anime/Manga).
TwistTale

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes. They're usually when I'm not satisfied with the ending or I really love a pairing.
CrimsonDX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:27 am Reply with quote
I used to "Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha" fan fiction all the time back in high school, but I don't read any fanfiction anymore.
AnotherPipiru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:07 am Reply with quote
TwistTale wrote:
Sometimes. They're usually when I'm not satisfied with the ending or I really love a pairing.

Same here. The last fanfic I was reading was about Mosquito queen from One Punch Man. It was very mediocre and I regret the time spent on this. At least I decided to quit reading fanfiction and to read more useful articles like this, for example.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:22 am Reply with quote
I do not read fanfics, but grankids love to write them
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4