• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Seeking A Manga and Anime Scene/Clip Identifier Site

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newbie9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Seasons Greetings All!

I have several old manga capture clips that are unlabeled and would like to identify what manga they're from. I've Googled but so far there don't seem any place that can do this. I'd greatly appreciate any tips of manga/anime identifying sites or forums.

Thank you and Merry Christmas
Newbie9

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Newbie9 wrote:
Seasons Greetings All!

I have several old manga capture clips that are unlabeled and would like to identify what manga they're from. I've Googled but so far there don't seem any place that can do this. I'd greatly appreciate any tips of manga/anime identifying sites or forums.

Thank you and Merry Christmas

Does anyone have any suggestions of sites that can identify panel images and the forgotten names of old manga? Crunchyroll referred me here!
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:20 pm Reply with quote
There are sites like IQDB that can identify images, but the databases they pull from are more for art than manga panels. Likewise, Google Image Search is just going to find a bunch of similar images but no exact matches.

You were probably referred here: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=26276
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Junjo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:49 am Reply with quote
Hi guys/girls, I'm looking for the source of this Gif, can't find it anywhere, obviously its from an old anime, maybe someone who has seen old subbed things will be able to find it at glance. Thanks.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:11 am Reply with quote
a) this is the manga forum. For an anime you want to the anime forum, and more specifically the stickied thread for this very purpose: animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1628
b) What gif?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
AnneAlmgren

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Anime is a diverse art form with distinctive production methods and techniques that have been adapted over time in response to emergent technologies. It consists of an ideal story-telling mechanism, combining graphic art, characterization, cinematography, and other forms of imaginative and individualistic techniques. The production of anime focuses less on the animation of movement and more on the realism of settings as well as the use of camera effects, including panning, zooming, and angle shots. Being hand-drawn, anime is separated from reality by a crucial gap of fiction that provides an ideal path for escapism that audiences can immerse themselves into with relative ease. Diverse art styles are used and character proportions and features can be quite varied, including characteristically large emotive or realistically sized eyes.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Ok time to lock this thread.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1