• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Anime Reveals More Cast, Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:58 pm Reply with quote
So wih this airing on April 5 that means shippuden should be ending sometime in March.
Ushio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:
So wih this airing on April 5 that means shippuden should be ending sometime in March.

They will air on different days so what makes you think Naruto will end? After all they have chapter 700 the Naruto Gaiden manga the Mitsuki origin chapter and several more light novels that they could adapt.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited for this Boruto series. After seeing interviews and commentary from Kishimoto and some of the crew, some of my fears have been alleviated. Hopefully they manage to merge the best aspects of Naruto from pre-timeskip and post-timeskip. If the Boruto movie is any indication of the quality then I'm all on board.

However, I'm curious as to what will be considered "canon" and what will be considered filler since the anime series is opting to adapt its own original content. My wish is that they adapt the Gaiden because that would have been an interesting starting point for this series. I'm just not sure how all of this will connect, or if they even plan on paralleling the anime series and manga adaption.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:

They will air on different days so what makes you think Naruto will end? After all they have chapter 700 the Naruto Gaiden manga the Mitsuki origin chapter and several more light novels that they could adapt.

Just thought it didn't make sense for narutos story to keep going if borutos is about to begin story wise. As far as gaiden and the mitsuki oneshot i just assumed it wold be covered in boruto since its mainly focused on sarada and mitsuki(next generation) and as far as the light novels just because they can doesn't mean they will, they didn't adapt the kakashi one and that came before the shikamaru story.

Last edited by Nekelen Tinsley on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:02 pm Reply with quote
glad they are keeping to Kishi's designs though, Ikemoto has gotten better over the last few chapters but his art isn't as good as Kishimotos
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:39 pm Reply with quote
The only way the Naruto series to end is if rating noticeably plummet and/or Merch sales for "classic" toys and wears become unsellable.

I can only hope for at least the first Year of Boruto there is it least an actual narrative arc and not just ad nauseum filler arcs.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:53 pm Reply with quote
>crediting Noriyuki Abe as a Naruto episode director instead of the director of Yu Yu Hakusho/GTO/Tokyo Mew Mew/Bleach/even Divine Gate

Literally the only disappointment of this article.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:56 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
The only way the Naruto series to end is if rating noticeably plummet and/or Merch sales for "classic" toys and wears become unsellable.

I can only hope for at least the first Year of Boruto there is it least an actual narrative arc and not just ad nauseum filler arcs.

It's ratings are already bad, they mainly make most of their money from merchs/video game sales.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Naruto Shippūden episode director Noriyuki Abe will serve as chief director

Really? Crediting Noriyuki Abe as just a Naruto episode director for directing one filler episode instead of being listed for directing well known shows like GTO, Yu Yu Haskusho or Bleach is really disappointing.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:

It's looking as if Naruto Shippuden will go to 500 episodes. Although episode 498 is called The Last Mission and it airs on March 9th. That would leave three weeks so another couple is possible, maybe even a double episode to wrap it up.

It also sounds like the TV show may not start out using the story in the manga. This is probably better than running a bit of canon now and spending a year or more on filler later.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:46 am Reply with quote
So are the first few episodes going to be an anime adapatation of a manga that was an adapation of an anime? I really don't want to see the Boruto movie, but now stretched out to a cour or more.
Ushio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:18 am Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
Nekelen Tinsley wrote:

It's looking as if Naruto Shippuden will go to 500 episodes. Although episode 498 is called The Last Mission and it airs on March 9th. That would leave three weeks so another couple is possible, maybe even a double episode to wrap it up.

It also sounds like the TV show may not start out using the story in the manga. This is probably better than running a bit of canon now and spending a year or more on filler later.

The last mission is the chapter title of the Kiba and Shino wedding gift arc of the current LN adaption.
JulieYBM

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
So are the first few episodes going to be an anime adapatation of a manga that was an adapation of an anime? I really don't want to see the Boruto movie, but now stretched out to a cour or more.

I seem to remember hearing that the series would not be adapting the comic. I think we can deduce the series' structure from the staff. The use of a series director (Yamashita Hiroyuki, director of the film) and a chief series director (Abe Noriyuki, an experienced director) is similar to what Pocket Monster does. Yuyama Kunihiko is is the chief series director while the series director is a rotating director who does the legwork. This makes me think that Abe is here to help back up Yamashita so that he can handle the major creative beats while Abe oversees the greater publicity and provides his name to the project to attract staff. Of course, with Yamashita you have a series director who is in his own right a really popular animator with a lot of friends in high places.

I definitely think, if production has gotten far ahead of schedule, we could be on the cusp of another Pokemon in quality.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1