• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cage of Eden's Yamada, Brynhildr in the Darkness' Okamoto Both Launch New Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I really hope Lynn Okamoto's new work will be as memorable as Elfen Lied. Haven't been impressed by Brynhildr.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Still no Eden no Ori anime adaptation. smh
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:12 pm Reply with quote
For a moment I thought they were teaming up to unleash the greatest manga the world had ever known.

Hopefully Okamoto's new manga doesn't implode as badly as Brynhildr's been doing.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:19 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:

Hopefully Okamoto's new manga doesn't implode as badly as Brynhildr's been doing.

Hmmmm if Elfen Lied imploded, and Brynhildr in The Darkness imploded third time has to be the charm
Drunk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:59 am Reply with quote
I really liked Cage of Eden aside form the rushed ending. Deathtopia started off okay, but it quickly turned into a confusing plot riddled with misplaced fanservice. So I'm keeping my expectations for Satanophany low.

I never read Elfenlied, but Brynhildr was quite good until they reached the scene that was foreshadowed in the beginning of the series. Tbh, it should have ended then because the story after that felt like an asspull to me. But I'm giving Parallel Paradise a chance.
joe_g7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:52 am Reply with quote
I simply loved Cage of Eden, I look forward to what Yamada-sensei will make next.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:39 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I really hope Lynn Okamoto's new work will be as memorable as Elfen Lied. Haven't been impressed by Brynhildr.

"Elfen Lied" is likely Okamoto's most notable work, so it be a while for it to reach that level of fame
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1