• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ryunosuke Kamiki, Mone Kamishiraishi Win 11th Annual Seiyū Awards

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:58 am Reply with quote
Watched the ceremony and am quite disappointed with the results for the top two awards. I'm fine with Kimi no Na wa. winning the Synergy Award since it does/did exactly what the award is for, but Best Actor/Actress? Um... No. The two are not even full-time voice actors. It's like they got the awards because they played the main roles in a work that happened to become a big hit. Is that all it takes to win an award?? They had ONE ROLE the entire year. I don't want to take any credit away from Kamiki or Kamishiraishi, but certainly there were others who were more deserving. I've been saying it for a while now, but my pick for best actor would definitely have been Ishida Akira. Even if not Ishida, I would have liked the award to go to people who make their living mainly through voice acting.

It seems pretty much everyone around me, including a lot of Japanese people, feel the same away about the results. Confused
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:11 am Reply with quote
It really should've been Akira Ishida or Koichi Yamadera. The fact that none of Shouwa actors won anything is just wrong. Although realistically speaking, I was expecting either Yuuki Ono for JoJo or Toshiyuki Morikawa for Zootopia (well, either him or Aya Ueto).

P.S. Non is Rena Nounen (person#130754), not illustrator.

P.P.S. And where's Hiroshi Kamiya award... err.. I mean Most Votes Award? Did they decide not to give it anymore now when Kamiya entered the Hall of Fame and can't receive it any longer? Very Happy

Last edited by KutovoiAnton on Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:23 am; edited 4 times in total
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:11 am Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:
Watched the ceremony and am quite disappointed with the results for the top two awards. I'm fine with Kimi no Na wa. winning the Synergy Award since it does/did exactly what the award is for, but Best Actor/Actress? Um... No. The two are not even full-time voice actors. It's like they got the awards because they played the main roles in a work that happened to become a big hit. Is that all it takes to win an award?? They had ONE ROLE the entire year. I don't want to take any credit away from Kamiki or Kamishiraishi, but certainly there were others who were more deserving.

The power of Mega Shinka domination. Very Happy

Braig/Xigbar as best supporting actor? You aint wrong.

Yuma Uchida's performance about banging his sister in Hantsu x Trash was amazing. Well earned.

Yusuke Kobayashi was awesome as Ren in Monster Strike. Well earned.

Mumei!!!!

Congrats to all.
PsFreedom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:45 am Reply with quote
crosswithyou wrote:
Watched the ceremony and am quite disappointed with the results for the top two awards. I'm fine with Kimi no Na wa. winning the Synergy Award since it does/did exactly what the award is for, but Best Actor/Actress? Um... No. The two are not even full-time voice actors. It's like they got the awards because they played the main roles in a work that happened to become a big hit. Is that all it takes to win an award?? They had ONE ROLE the entire year. I don't want to take any credit away from Kamiki or Kamishiraishi, but certainly there were others who were more deserving. I've been saying it for a while now, but my pick for best actor would definitely have been Ishida Akira. Even if not Ishida, I would have liked the award to go to people who make their living mainly through voice acting.

It seems pretty much everyone around me, including a lot of Japanese people, feel the same away about the results. Confused

Same here. I watched live streaming and did not expect Yourname duos to get the grand prizes...
kiminobokuwa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:00 am Reply with quote
Wow!! Congrwats to Aquors for winning an award!! What a big achievement!!!
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:10 am Reply with quote
Tsk... your name beating Spirited Away for all-time highest-grossing anime movie must've pulled the trigger.
jirg1901

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:40 am Reply with quote
Have to love how they don't even try to make these look legitimate. I can't even imagine what universe Minyami deserves that award in.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:48 am Reply with quote
This reminds me of last year when in some award, Ana's (from Frozen) Japanese VA received a best seiyuu award or something.

These awards are that all over again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1