• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Network Online Streams RIN-NE 3 Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Yet another Sentai title that I'll be watching via "other means" this season. Disappointing, but not unexpected.
SlamMan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Just to note, when season 2 came out it had a virtually identical article and then was also announced for CR on the day of airing. This may happen again. I think Sentai will probably have enough sense to know that putting this only on TAN will only make more people mad. Also, the article doesn't say exclusive anywhere.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:41 pm Reply with quote
SlamMan wrote:
Just to note, when season 2 came out it had a virtually identical article and then was also announced for CR on the day of airing. This may happen again. I think Sentai will probably have enough sense to know that putting this only on TAN will only make more people mad. Also, the article doesn't say exclusive anywhere.

It's possible. It's also quite likely that it will end up on Viewster and possibly TubiTV for fee as well. The Sentai simulcasts on Anime Network are usually shared, with the worst being a week later delay cast on other services.
Animepokegirl89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Yet another Sentai title that I'll be watching via "other means" this season. Disappointing, but not unexpected.

Yeah. If CR doesn't get this, I agree with you. Amazon is screwing everyone over. Not everyone can afford Amazon. I'm only subbed to CR. I'm not missing half of the season because of Amazon and Sentai.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm gonna be able to watch RIN-NE no matter what it takes. I have....ways. Wink
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Animepokegirl89 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Yeah. If CR doesn't get this, I agree with you. Amazon is screwing everyone over. Not everyone can afford Amazon. I'm only subbed to CR. I'm not missing half of the season because of Amazon and Sentai.

No Amazon has nothing to do with this. Sentai is putting this on Anime Network not Amazon's Anime Strike. Hopefully CR will pick this up as well like they have previously.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:21 pm Reply with quote
It would be great if CR does pick it up, but remember it had Rin-ne and Rin-ne 2 back in the days before Crunchymation. We're living in a whole new world now, folks.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Well BanG dream was after the CR-Funi Pact and was licensed by Sentai and streamed by CR as well, so it's not like they never did business with them afterwards.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Valid point. Like I say, I sure hope it shows up on CR, but I ain't holding my breath.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:53 am Reply with quote
Amazons a expensive way to watch anime with the whole double pay system! CR before VRV was the better place for anime!
Sensei Terry Silver

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:06 pm Reply with quote
So the third season has began a few weeks ago and still nothing on Crunchyroll -- is this another title locked up by Amazon ?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I don't think so. Sentai seems to be keeping this as an Anime Network exclusive.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. I had to buckle down and get a Anime Network subscription to watch this (and Frame Arms Girl), and now I know why some found it disagreeable. Their Roku app is terrible, with a UI like Funi's old one but worse. No ability to add shows to the queue from the app, and the other day it didn't seem to recognize that an episode was added to my queue so I had to watch online. Don't make me do this again next season, Sentai. Damn forgot Rinne is probably two cours.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1