• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:51 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I would say that one of the bigger reasons to think it's not Hannes is that the figure on Beast Titan was wearing glasses.

and not drunk.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Laughing Good point.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:54 pm Reply with quote
as for the upcoming season (manga spoiler incoming)spoiler[I think the Grisha Yeager backstory will become an ova release, if the next season is a 2 cour release then that means time for the insurrection and the Clash of the Titans arcs in of themselves would be more than enough to fill 2 cours, while Grisha' backstory is mandatory to continuing on beyond the Walls, it would still be episodes eating into whatever narrative the studio would want to convey for the arc.]
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:35 pm Reply with quote
@FenixFiesta

The second season was the Clash of Titans arc,and so happens the last episode previewed the third season.spoiler[The scene of Hange&Conny revealing what was discovered to Erwin is from the first chapter of the first volume of The Uprising arc]

I'am on the one cour per season side:a two cour third season would need to be 42-52 episodes but then anime folks would end up waiting another fours years, if not more before there could be a fourth season.

Last edited by Nordhmmer on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Structure-wise, I think 1-cour seasons work very well for AoT, because it translates nicely into the story arcs. The problem, though, with Season 3 being 1-cour, is that spoiler[there isn't a lot of action in the next arc], which would lead to spoiler[a lot of people who come to AoT for the action to be turned off].

As it stands, I think there's enough (or will be enough by the time S3 will be started) to cover 2 cour. That way, we can get 2 more arcs, and then in about a year get Season 4, possibly to finish off the story.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:33 pm Reply with quote
As I am a few light years behind everyone else, only just finished the second season.
Loved it all, except for the constant going back and forth the present and: "2 hours before", "12 hours before", "the day before", "6:30 hours before"...

Lots o great action. I did not mind the slightly slower bits in season one, except for Armin's long monologues maybe, so glad these were gone.But season two felt really full and intense from episode one till the very end, and it was nice to see some sort of justice (?) happening at the end. Still, totally disagree with Erwin (btw, WHY is everyone calling their superiors in this army by their first names???)- this time the risk sort of paid off, but he really will run out of people for his experiments before they manage to find anything. Fighting for humanity is one thing, but his main motive almost seems like some sort of subconscious self-destruction.
Watt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:46 am Reply with quote
I`m reading v.17 right now. Is it safe to start watching the anime? To avoid spoilers I mean?
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:46 pm Reply with quote
IIRC, the second season of the anime only goes through volume 12 or so.
Watt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:07 am Reply with quote
Great! Thanks!
First episode tonight:)
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Apparently, the Season 3's first episode premiered in theaters this week and also at the Anime Expo.

X Japan ft. Hyde is performing the theme song.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Season 3, Episode 1

What do you know, steampunk cowboys. Well, the darkness of the society is really coming through, with some sort of conspiracy of the truth of things.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:48 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Season 3, Episode 1

What do you know, steampunk cowboys. Well, the darkness of the society is really coming through, with some sort of conspiracy of the truth of things.

Yeah. Just got done watching it. Having never read the manga all I knew was that a change in focus was coming and it did but I really liked this episode and the tension. They pulled off the conspiracy tension really damned well and I'm hooked to see what happens next and learn more.
I also didn't expect the steampunk cowboys or the weaponry that group had. It was interesting.
spoiler[As was foreshadowed earlier in the ep, definitely a loadout for fighting other humans rather than titans.]

The visuals were great too.

spoiler[The scene where Hange pulls her fake reactions and figures extra things out like checking out that military police guy's hand was especially great.

Heh, I should have expected the body doubles operation, that was good.

Also, holy shit, Nifa got blown away with that shot at the end.
And then the other guy too who I think we'd seen a couple of times but I don't think ever got a name.]
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:09 am Reply with quote
Compared to the OP for the first two seasons, this one is a distinct change in tone and with the visuals to match the lyrics. If visuals are any clue, it looks like there's going to be a focus on background exposition in this series. No ED song or animation, but maybe it's one week too early?

As always for blockbuster franchises with a captive audience, this one doesn't waste time and more or less picks up where it left off from the last adaptation. They've been talking about a hidden hand working behind the scenes for some time now, but it's this episode which sees everything blown out into the open. If the schemers are headed by or have the backing of the king himself, then the scouts might be up against an enemy even more terrifying than the Ape Titan and his brethren.

Good job Hange getting information out of the uncooperative thug with such a hammy act. The best part about it all was the officer in charge being completely unaware he was being swindled of useful information indirectly.

Kenny the ripper... is he acting alone for a huge bounty or working in concert with the court schemers? Too early to say for now, but Levi is seriously outnumbered and he's not back at peak physical condition. A shame about his two long-standing compatriots, but his story has a ways to go so he should make it out in one piece somehow.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:07 am Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Compared to the OP for the first two seasons, this one is a distinct change in tone and with the visuals to match the lyrics. If visuals are any clue, it looks like there's going to be a focus on background exposition in this series. No ED song or animation, but maybe it's one week too early?

Yeah, probably with ep 2 the real ED will get added. Usually it's the full OP animation that doesn't play in the first week rather than the ED so that was interesting. Seems like maybe it was a good idea with how the quite different type of OP sets the tone and maybe kind of prepares you a bit extra by being there in week 1.

Harleyquin wrote:
As always for blockbuster franchises with a captive audience, this one doesn't waste time and more or less picks up where it left off from the last adaptation. They've been talking about a hidden hand working behind the scenes for some time now, but it's this episode which sees everything blown out into the open. If the schemers are headed by or have the backing of the king himself, then the scouts might be up against an enemy even more terrifying than the Ape Titan and his brethren.

Yeah, I really thought they did an excellent job ramping that up. The tension of the situation really got a nice hook in.

Harleyquin wrote:
Good job Hange getting information out of the uncooperative thug with such a hammy act. The best part about it all was the officer in charge being completely unaware he was being swindled of useful information indirectly.

Totally agree, I loved the execution of the Hange's resourcefulness in that scene and how she changed tactics when she realized she wouldn't get anything from him normally.

Harleyquin wrote:
Kenny the ripper... is he acting alone for a huge bounty or working in concert with the court schemers? Too early to say for now, but Levi is seriously outnumbered and he's not back at peak physical condition. A shame about his two long-standing compatriots, but his story has a ways to go so he should make it out in one piece somehow.

Yeah, they got me successfully curious about that. Even more so with the serial killer line, which raised even more questions.
That cliffhanger was good, just like the really strong ones that were a regular occurrence back in season 1 in particular.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Linked Horizon performs the ending, so people can shut up about that now.

That said, episode 2 was amazing. Best animation I've seen of anything so far this year. They seem to be in a real hurry to get this arc out the way. I'm guessing because many people don't like it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 96 of 107