• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kamen Rider W Tokusatsu Show Gets Sequel Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:16 am Reply with quote
my second favorite Kamen rider getting a sequel? nice
Actar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:17 am Reply with quote
It's going to be a stage play, isn't it.
AmuroNT1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:04 am Reply with quote
(Sin-counting intensifies)
MyrmidonMamori

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:27 am Reply with quote
The teaser image is illustrated, so it might be a manga.
OmegaE50

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:30 am Reply with quote
mamori_auros wrote:
it could be sense both actors have said they don't wish to reply there characters
Araki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:42 am Reply with quote
OmegaE50 wrote:
mamori_auros wrote:
it could be sense both actors have said they don't wish to reply there characters

Also, series head writer Riku Sanjo has experience writing manga (Dai no Daibouken, Beet)
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:58 am Reply with quote
I'm stoked, whatever this is. I've got the novel sitting on my shelf (despite being unable to read it), and from what I've been told, W's novel was leagues better than any of the other novels that came out (mainly because they didn't try to rewrite the story).
AmuroNT1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:45 am Reply with quote
OmegaE50 wrote:
mamori_auros wrote:

I'd love to see a quote source on that, since Renn Kiriyama has reprised his role several times, most recently in 2014's "Heisei vs. Showa: Kamen Rider Wars", while Minehiro Kinomoto (who played the secondary Rider, Accel) came back in 2016's "Drive Saga: Kamen Rider Chaser".
OmegaE50

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:02 am Reply with quote
AmuroNT1 wrote:
OmegaE50 wrote:
mamori_auros wrote:

I'd love to see a quote source on that, since Renn Kiriyama has reprised his role several times, most recently in 2014's "Heisei vs. Showa: Kamen Rider Wars", while Minehiro Kinomoto (who played the secondary Rider, Accel) came back in 2016's "Drive Saga: Kamen Rider Chaser".
Though i can't quote you on kiriyama san I do remember reading him saying in a interview around the time the heisei and showa movie come out that he wasn't 100% sure he would do it again It really depends on what projects he's doing at the time As far as I know he's doing some stage plays right now But I do know for a fact that Masaki Suda The actor for Philip said after he did the fourze/ooo/w movie That was his last time playing the role plus he a very High and demand actor right now With a ton of movie and tv shos he's doing So there is a very slim chance of him reprising that role also The only reason Kinomoto san Did that movie was because his Kōhai Ryoma Takeuchi who plays drive and is a fan of w Suggested to the director that he be in it and the director ask Kinomoto san and the right is history
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:12 am Reply with quote
The fact that this particular Kamen Rider show keeps re-appearing is proof of the power of fujoshi fandom.
AmuroNT1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:23 pm Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
The fact that this particular Kamen Rider show keeps re-appearing is proof of the power of fujoshi fandom.

Um...no. Not at all.

Double is popular because it was a well-made series in all regards. Well written, well acted, memorable characters, excellent hero and monster designs, fantastic action. The minor niche yaoi fandom had next to nothing to do with its staying power.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:25 pm Reply with quote
whatever comes be it a novel, a manga or a short series I'm grinning from ear to ear, Kamen Rider W was my re introduction into kamen rider ever since I saw saban's masked rider years ago and to see that it's getting a sequel has me feeling really happy
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:13 pm Reply with quote
AmuroNT1 wrote:
(Sin-counting intensifies)

<like>
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:42 am Reply with quote
AmuroNT1 wrote:
Double is popular because it was a well-made series in all regards. Well written, well acted, memorable characters, excellent hero and monster designs, fantastic action. The minor niche yaoi fandom had next to nothing to do with its staying power.

Not that I disagree, but I'm honestly surprised someone else sees Double this way. Personally, I think it still fell a bit short from my expectations. I really liked it though, so I'm happy with this news.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1