• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Live Photos from Anime Expo 2017!

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Oh yes, I was in that Studio Trigger line. That was insane, and I got there 70 minutes early.

There seems to be lots and lots of Premiere Pass people this time around or something, because I almost couldn't find a seat at the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure panel later that day. I was around 150th to 180th in line or so, and the Petree Hall can hold about 2,000 people, yet when I got in, the room had almost entirely filled up. That was weird.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:20 pm Reply with quote

It is as if the only way to use your time productively is to avoid any panel involving Japanese guests, and treat the whole occasion as a primarily social one. (Which would be my plan if ever I attended something of this calibre.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:

It is as if the only way to use your time productively is to avoid any panel involving Japanese guests, and treat the whole occasion as a primarily social one. (Which would be my plan if ever I attended something of this calibre.)

Well, what was odd was that none of the panels I went to on Saturday had this problem, only the ones on Sunday. I don't think today or tomorrow will have any such problems of room-filling for me (it's currently about 11:29 AM on the Pacific Time Zone), as today's a workday and tomorrow's the last day, which always has a big dropoff in attendance.

From what I heard, where the Studio Trigger panel took place, a different group was in charge of clearing the rooms between panels which they sometimes failed to do. But room cleared or not, I know there would still be more people in the line than the room's capacity.

The JoJo one, on the other hand, was all sorts of suspicious. When it was time to get in, usually, there'd be one continuous movement as the whole group would get in all at once, but for this one, it was broken up frequently where the line would stop moving for a few minutes. I couldn't see what was going on until near the front, but it looked like there were large groups of people with special passes going in who showed up as the normal pass people like myself were getting channeled in, and since the special pass people had priority, they were let in as soon as they walked up. Those people with the special passes must have outnumbered us normal people greatly, or there was something shady going on. Or the room wasn't cleared properly and people from the previous panel were still sitting there, which is sometimes a problem at the various Comic-Cons (and is personally disrespectful to the panelists if you're going to attend their panel solely to see someone else's panel.)
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:55 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for my Leomon and Jeri statue to arrive! : D
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1