• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Stream New Game!! Season 2, In Another World With My Smartphone Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:44 am Reply with quote
I was afraid I'd miss New Game!!, but boy am I glad it's licensed worldwide!
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:21 am Reply with quote
I was waiting on the New Game!! announcement. I was starting to get worried no one picked it up since there are already clips of it on youtube. I wonder if Funimation is going to simuldub Smartphone. Seems like they would.

I also think it would pretty cool if they simuldubbed New Game!! and went back and dubbed the first season. Similar to how they did Free!
Random Name

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:33 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

I also think it would pretty cool if they simuldubbed New Game!! and went back and dubbed the first season. Similar to how they did Free!
I could be wrong but I think they did that with Yona as well. So at least theres hope.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:51 am Reply with quote
Random Name wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

I could be wrong but I think they did that with Yona as well. So at least theres hope.

You're right IIRC they simuldubbed the second half of Yona and then went back for the first. Here's hoping. I think New Game would be a pretty fun dub.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:24 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

You're right IIRC they simuldubbed the second half of Yona and then went back for the first. Here's hoping. I think New Game would be a pretty fun dub.

along with Tokyo Ghoul, which was a really dumb idea. What would make more sense would be to handle it the same way as Snow White With the Red Hair. Simuldub season 2, but release the first season's dub in batches before the simludub starts
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:01 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

along with Tokyo Ghoul, which was a really dumb idea. What would make more sense would be to handle it the same way as Snow White With the Red Hair. Simuldub season 2, but release the first season's dub in batches before the simludub starts

That would probably be the best solution but ultimately i dont know if funimation is going to have time to go back with New Game season 1 and 2. They are probably going to have 17- 20 simuldubs going on before its all said and done and not even counting this show.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Lord Vaultman wrote:
getchman wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

That would probably be the best solution but ultimately i dont know if funimation is going to have time to go back with New Game season 1 and 2. They are probably going to have 17- 20 simuldubs going on before its all said and done and not even counting this show.

Not including shows from last season continuing on like Sakura Quest, MHA, etc, Funi only has about 8 new simuldubs on deck for the summer season. It wouldn't be too much of stretch for them to get New Game if they really wanted it.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:23 pm Reply with quote
FUNi doesn't seem all that interested in cute girls doing cute things shows. For instance, I'm 99% certain that FUNimation didn't dub Sore ga Seiyuu / Seiyuu's Life when they released it on home video. They didn't dub Nichijou either I believe. And they've always let other companies have pretty much every big hit cute girls doing cute things show.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:32 pm Reply with quote
sure, but they also only released Seiyu's Life on DVD, so its likely the simulcast results were abysmal.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
FUNi doesn't seem all that interested in cute girls doing cute things shows. For instance, I'm 99% certain that FUNimation didn't dub Sore ga Seiyuu / Seiyuu's Life when they released it on home video. They didn't dub Nichijou either I believe. And they've always let other companies have pretty much every big hit cute girls doing cute things show.

If they dubbed Sansho Sanyou and Show by Rock, re-released Lucky Star, and licensed Seiyuu's Life, Puchimas and Jinsei then anything is possible.

Also I'm still of the firm belief that Nichijou wouldn't have worked as well dubbed. So I really wasn't bothered at all by the release.
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Lord Vaultman wrote:
getchman wrote:
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:

Not including shows from last season continuing on like Sakura Quest, MHA, etc, Funi only has about 8 new simuldubs on deck for the summer season. It wouldn't be too much of stretch for them to get New Game if they really wanted it.

They have more dubs to announce still with newer shows that still need/deserve dubbing attention.

And in the case of "new game" they are probably going to dub it but not until they release it straight to blu ray/dvd (just a guess obviously) that way they can release MORE SIMULDUBS
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1