• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: My Hero Academia Anime Reveals Cast For 3 Anime-Original Characters

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:30 am Reply with quote
If you're gonna have a filler episode why not just make it a 24 episode season.
louis6578

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:33 am Reply with quote
"My Hero Academia is having a filler episode!? That's such bul-" -sees that it's about Tsuyu-

"AUGUST 12TH!? I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!"
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:40 am Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
If you're gonna have a filler episode why not just make it a 24 episode season.

Why are you complaining when we are getting more MHA? An anime original episode focusing on Tsuyu's intership sounds super fun. It also answers one of the fan demand of seeing what happened to other students. I kind of hoped we could have had more then just a Tsuyu focus.

Anime original content can be good btw. MHA had quite a few already and they only help enhance the material. Stop seeing anime original as Naruto or One piece filler.

I'm actually really hoping that the coming arc will feature lots of anime original content.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:35 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
Stop seeing anime original as Naruto or One piece filler.

I view all filler equally as a waste of time, energy and money regardless if it's actually entertaining or not. I'm an equal opportunity filler hater.

Last edited by ultimatehaki on Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
DDragonking

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:36 am Reply with quote
Nice gonna have a nice little breather before what I assume to be the exam arc
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:51 am Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:

I view all filler equally as a waste of time, energy and money regardless if it's actually entertaining or not. I'm an equal opportunity filler hater.

I mean that's a very close-minded way of thinking. As good anime original help enhance a story. By your definition the very liked and popular Endeavor vs Noumu fight of episode 30 was a waste of time, energy and money. Just look at how silly this sound.
Marimo0

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:56 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
An anime original episode focusing on Tsuyu's intership sounds super fun. It also answers one of the fan demand of seeing what happened to other students. I kind of hoped we could have had more then just a Tsuyu focus.

Anime original content can be good btw. MHA had quite a few already and they only help enhance the material. Stop seeing anime original as Naruto or One piece filler.

I'm actually really hoping that the coming arc will feature lots of anime original content.

Who says it's going to be a Tsuyu focused episode? Just because they're introducing new characters related to Tsuyu doesn't mean most of the runtime will be devoted to them. In fact given the episode title for this week is The Aftermath of the Hero Killer Stain or something like that, it'll probably be an adaption of chapter 57 and maybe some or all of 58, with them adding some short anime only scenes, with Tsuyu's part being spoiler[included in the montage of what Uraraka, Bakugo, Momo, and Kirishima were doing during their work experiences at this point while Deku and the others are at the hospital, probably showing her help catch the stowaway she mentions in 58. We'll probably also see how others who weren't featured in the manga were doing, like Jiro helping evacuees and maybe seeing Mineta piss off Mt. Lady to better explain why he was so horrified after his work expierience.]
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:13 am Reply with quote
Marimo0 wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:
An anime original episode focusing on Tsuyu's intership sounds super fun. It also answers one of the fan demand of seeing what happened to other students. I kind of hoped we could have had more then just a Tsuyu focus.

Who says it's going to be a Tsuyu focused episode? Just because they're introducing new characters related to Tsuyu doesn't mean most of the runtime will be devoted to them. In fact given the episode title for this week is The Aftermath of the Hero Killer Stain or something like that, it'll probably be an adaption of chapter 57 and maybe some or all of 58, with them adding some short anime only scenes, with Tsuyu's part being spoiler[included in the montage of what Uraraka, Bakugo, Momo, and Kirishima were doing during their work experiences at this point while Deku and the others are at the hospital, probably showing her help catch the stowaway she mentions in 58. We'll probably also see how others who weren't featured in the manga were doing, like Jiro helping evacuees and maybe seeing Mineta piss off Mt. Lady to better explain why he was so horrified after his work expierience.]

I think you got something wrong. Well 2 things. Episode 31 is Stain's aftermath. Episode 32 is Tsuyu's anime original internship. I mean, the articles about it say it focuses on Tsuyu. So yes, I assume most of 32 will be Tsuyu's internship.
Nodz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:45 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:

I mean that's a very close-minded way of thinking. As good anime original help enhance a story. By your definition the very liked and popular Endeavor vs Noumu fight of episode 30 was a waste of time, energy and money. Just look at how silly this sound.

Why close-minded? I kinda agree with him, and because almost all filler episodes I could see in all animes were pretty bad or boring. For example, I was watching a Natsume Yuujinchou (season 4 or 5) episode and it felt really boring and the characters didn't feel as usual. I checked on the internet and saw it was a filler.
I don't mind the occasional added scenes used to develop a little some rushed or unexplained manga stuff, but complete filler episodes or arcs are generally useless.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:48 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:
GoldCrusader wrote:

I thought it was pretty clear I meant filler epsiodes as in the entire episode since that is what this subject is about. What you just used as an example was called padding which could be good or bad depending on how its done. MHA was a example of good padding.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:02 am Reply with quote
[quote="Nodz"]
GoldCrusader wrote:

Why close-minded? I kinda agree with him, and because almost all filler episodes I could see in all animes were pretty bad or boring. For example, I was watching a Natsume Yuujinchou (season 4 or 5) episode and it felt really boring and the characters didn't feel as usual. I checked on the internet and saw it was a filler.
I don't mind the occasional added scenes used to develop a little some rushed or unexplained manga stuff, but complete filler episodes or arcs are generally useless.

I say close-minded because they are plenty of good and fun anime orginal content out there. Long runners are usually the exemplea of bad ones. Since they usually try to pad out with content that have zero impact on the story.

BONES shows which have original content have all been of good quality. Noragami, FMA and Soul eater are good exemples. In MHA's case the original content seems well thought out and actually expend on off-screen stuff.

Putting everything in one big bad is honestly silly and yes close-minded.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:05 am Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:

I thought it was pretty clear I meant filler epsiodes as in the entire episode since that is what this subject is about. What you just used as an example was called padding which could be good or bad depending on how its done. MHA was a example of good padding.

I mean in my book. The Endeavor moment and Tsuyu's anime original content are the same. They expand on off-screen events. That it takes one episode or a minute, doesnt matter too me if it's good.

Horikoshi most surely has a say in what happens too.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:20 am Reply with quote
GoldCrusader wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:

I mean in my book. The Endeavor moment and Tsuyu's anime original content are the same. They expand on off-screen events. That it takes one episode or a minute, doesnt matter too me if it's good.

Horikoshi most surely has a say in what happens too.

If there's one thing I learned in my many years of watching anime is that no the author has virtually absolutely no say in the anime production especially filler episodes unless otherwise noted.

Also I never said filler was bad just because the content is bad. I said filler is bad simply because it's filler.
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:24 am Reply with quote
louis6578 wrote:
"My Hero Academia is having a filler episode!? That's such bul-" -sees that it's about Tsuyu-

"AUGUST 12TH!? I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG!"

Same! Tsuyu's awesome! I'm very curious about Selky. Selkies are seal shapeshifters in Celtic folklore. Are we getting a seal shapeshifter hero?
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:33 am Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:

If there's one thing I learned in my many years of watching anime is that no the author has virtually absolutely no say in the anime production especially filler episodes unless otherwise noted.

Also I never said filler was bad just because the content is bad. I said filler is bad simply because it's filler.

You heard it here first folks. The Endeavor fight was bad simply becausr it was a filler.

I mean that's still wrong. Proof is you contradict yourself while trying to make a point. Filler isnt bad unless it's thought out poorly like most of the long runners. MHA had a few anime original content already and both were excellent. Both expanded on the material and unseen events like the incoming Tsuyu original. Also its pretty clear that the content while original will be pretty much just the original story expanded. As it is stuff that happended.

Filler or anime original content aren't bad because they are anime originals. I will never agree with such a saying because it is flawed. Also BONES has a good track record for anime original content.

Also just saying more MHA content is bad is a very flawed idea.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3