• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Re:Creators Spinoff Manga About Magane Launches

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:18 pm Reply with quote
While Magane isn't my personal favorite character, any addition to the Re:CREATORS franchise is a welcome one.
Rob49152

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:01 pm Reply with quote
I have been really enjoying the series. I was going to totally avoid because of the horrible description given of the plot. It wasn't until I saw a youtube video with a catching description and clip. Then I wanted to watch it.

I think this is probably more common than you might think.

Anyways I'm looking forward to this spin-off. The character seems to be a side character as it is now. So it makes sense.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:26 pm Reply with quote
It sure was amusing watching the anticipation amongst this show's fandom wane as time went on. I'm not sure what in the world resulted in such a pedestrian/mediocre first episode achieving such acclaim from the ANN writers, but the magical spell didn't seem to hold for the series' duration.
EmpyreanBlaze

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
It sure was amusing watching the anticipation amongst this show's fandom wane as time went on. I'm not sure what in the world resulted in such a pedestrian/mediocre first episode achieving such acclaim from the ANN writers, but the magical spell didn't seem to hold for the series' duration.

I think that's normal, unless the show is truly exceptional (or somehow addicting). It'll pick up in the end though, unless it's a dud.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:17 am Reply with quote
It definitively would've benefited from more streamlining in its pacing, but I've found far more to enjoy than not and it's provided some excellent food-for-thought as well as interesting battle tactics for its fight scenes. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:46 am Reply with quote
Article said:
Quote:
She has the power to make her lies real by telling the lie and having someone else deny it.

In real life, we do have a profession that many people do this is in. It's called politics.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Magane is a lot of fun, but will her brand of fun hold up without Maaya Sakamoto voicing her? Guess someone will have to license this manga so I can find out!
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

It didn't hold on? Seemed to be going very strong still at the halfway point when the summer season started. Saw it do quite well on most anticipated summer title lists.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure there was a contingent of viewers who were looking for more action and fewer lengthy disquisitions by Meteora. I like shows with a lot of dialogue so it works for me, but I can understand how others might be turned off. In the live-action prequel that Amazon carries someone mentioned Hiroe's script ran some 250,000 characters.

I had avoided this show because of its hype but decided to give it a try since I have a Strike subscription and because I learned it was created by Hiroe Rei. I wasn't disappointed.

I realize that Magane is a fairly popular character, but looking at image boards it would appear the overwhelming favorite is Selesia. I'm a bit surprised she or Alice-tan weren't placed ahead of Magane.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:04 am Reply with quote
I cannot be the only one who was being it each week and still understand what I am watching. It is somewhat of an art form to be able to absorb the info when you watch subs. Thankfully there are wiki sites.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1