• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digimon Adventure tri. 6th Anime Film Reveals Visual, May 5 Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-MC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:51 am Reply with quote
If the 02 kids and Holydramon aren't gonna be on this movie then tri will be officially non canon in my book and I'll never watch this pile of junk ever again
Actar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:54 am Reply with quote
C-MC wrote:
If the 02 kids and Holydramon aren't gonna be on this movie then tri will be officially non canon in my book and I'll never watch this pile of junk ever again

For me, it's Warp Evolutions.
anifani

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:

I must agree. What a disappointment. Nothing but a bunch of EMO crybabies.... especially the new female protagonist.

PRO: The Digimon themselves look good.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:07 am Reply with quote
C-MC wrote:
... Interesting. I personally am really happy Tri is about the first generation of Digidestineds. I've never liked 02s cast, and feel this was the season 2 we should of gotten.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:18 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
I've never liked 02s cast, and feel this was the season 2 we should of gotten.

Same. Davis/Daisuke was the main reason for my dislike of the season.
Guy Gardner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:53 pm Reply with quote
yaaaay...even more Mei focus -_-

but yeah...I really hope they give a good explanation about the 02 kids...dead?...alive?..in the Tamers universe?...something at least

also hope the fights this time are more than just lots of tackling and trying to hold down the other digimon...
ninjamitsuki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Say what you want about 02, it's entirely out of character, especially for TK and Kari, to just flat out forget they exist. Shouldn't they at least be worried about them?

Last edited by ninjamitsuki on Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juno016

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:08 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I definitely think it's a blatant plot hole to not mention the 02 kids. But to be honest, for better or for worse, I'm personally predicting that they are going to do 02 as a separate season, too.
Ahmazein

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:56 am Reply with quote
If I recall, they showed something happening to the 02 kids right in the beginning, like, i wanna know what happened to them, did they legit die or something? or what?
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:10 am Reply with quote
I've said it many times before but I will say it again, if the final movie doesn't resolve the blatantly distracting plot hole of what happened with the 02 Digidestined then I can say without hesitation that tri is the worst thing that has ever happened to the Digimon franchise and would just wish that this didn't exist if Toei clearly doesn't care to put any effort into it because you can clearly tell that they didn't care.
C-MC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:19 am Reply with quote
Lycosyncer wrote:
I've said it many times before but I will say it again, if the final movie doesn't resolve the blatantly distracting plot hole of what happened with the 02 Digidestined then I can say without hesitation that tri is the worst thing that has ever happened to the Digimon franchise and would just wish that this didn't exist if Toei clearly doesn't care to put any effort into it because you can clearly tell that they didn't care.
agreed totally
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1