• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Secret of Mana PS4 Remake Gets Physical Copies in the Americas

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm so excited for this game, especially the PC version now that my computer can actually play 3D games now!
TheAnimeRevolutionizer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Hurray~~

I hope that they'll do a remake of Seiken Densetsu 3 if Secret of Mana gets popular!!
LaytonPuzzle27

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:07 pm Reply with quote
It be interesting to see Square Enix do a western release of the Seiken Densetsu Collection for the Switch.
TheAnimeRevolutionizer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:37 am Reply with quote
LaytonPuzzle27 wrote:
It be interesting to see Square Enix do a western release of the Seiken Densetsu Collection for the Switch.

There's so much lore behind the world of Seiken Densetsu 3 though. So much that not even the ROM cart it was on could hold it, and let me tell ya, SNES/SFC carts for high end RPGs pushed every and all limits on the system. Not even Neil Corlett and friends were able to touch it back when they were translating SD3.

It demands a remake!

Exclamation Very Happy Exclamation
I_Drive_DSM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:57 am Reply with quote
This is one remake I've been behind 101%.

There's a lot of nostalgia driving it but it does help that the original SNES version is so good. Sans any critique on the translation, difficulty, and relatively short game play time it was a beautifully presented title considering the medium it was on during that time period. I know a lot of people like to put Chrono Trigger & the western SNES Final Fantasy titles as tiered above but for myself this game sat a little higher just due to the presentation. There was very few dull moments of gameplay and the sound & score is fantastic. If you played this originally circa 1993 there wasn't a whole lot to compare it to on 16 bit consoles.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1