• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Steins;Gate 0 TV Anime Reveals Character Designs, New Visual

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:22 am Reply with quote
New key visual looks great.

Faris' character outfit looks priceless, suits very well for her lol. I hope to see another new PV soon too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pikkuhukka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:27 am Reply with quote
... did they "add oppai" to suzuka and moeka O.o? or am i just imagining oppai.. i mean things
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:37 am Reply with quote
So wait, that alternate OVA ending (the one where spoiler[Okabe fails and I think kills Kurisu, but I can't remember because it's been a while]) leads into this?
Azumi14

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:56 am Reply with quote
yes –spoiler[ but it took many fail ending to get a successfully ending. I played the Stein Gate Zero game. If I remember there were around 4 arcs to the story. Not sure all of them will be included. All the arcs take place if in the future where Kurisu dies.] Looking forward to this.[/spoiler]
Azumi14

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:02 am Reply with quote
yes –spoiler[but it took many fail ending to get a successfully ending. I played the Stein Gate Zero game. If I remember there were around 4 arcs to the story. Not sure all of them will be included. All the arcs take place if in the future where Kurisu dies. Where Okabe does not save Kurisu.] Looking forward to this.
Chocoreto

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:13 am Reply with quote
Okay, just what the hell is happening this April????

New season for Binan Koukou, 3rd season for Boku No Hero Academia, last Digimon movie, new Full Metal panic anime, new LOTGH anime, new season of Hoozuki No Reitetsu, last chapter of ReLife, 3rd season of Shingeki no Kyojin (PARTY HARD), another season for Shokugeki No Souma, Tokyo Ghoul Re, continuing seasons for Nanatsu no Taizai and Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan, and on top of all of that, the new anime for Stein's Gate???????

Are we supposed to leave our houses at all this spring season oooor...??
xBTAx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:34 am Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:
So wait, that alternate OVA ending (the one where spoiler[Okabe fails and I think kills Kurisu, but I can't remember because it's been a while]) leads into this?

I haven’t seen the anime, but basically, spoiler[this is a timeline where Okabe was so traumatized (and I’ll say I thought the game actually treated that trauma relatively seriously/realistically, which was a nice surprise) by failing to save Kurisu in that way that he refuses to try again. The story starts that winter, which is why everyone has new outfits.].

It’s a shame that there’s no easy way for them to adapt more than just the canon path (the game branches much more than the original’s what-if endings) because a couple of the endings/routes were really good. They’ll probably end up as frantically paced OVAs that don’t give them the time they deserve, if anything, I guess.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:41 am Reply with quote
After looking at this visual, my anticipation for this series has grown. I just realized now that this sequel means more of my favorite character from Steins;Gate in Suzuha, which makes me very happy. I wonder how many episodes this season will have and I hope that Crunchyroll can simulcast it. Spring is going to be stacked.

pikkuhukka wrote:
... did they "add oppai" to suzuka and moeka O.o? or am i just imagining oppai.. i mean things

I think you are since I remember those characters always having those features since season one.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:46 am Reply with quote
Chocoreto wrote:
...3rd season of Shingeki no Kyojin (PARTY HARD)

Umm no? That’s confirmed to come out this July.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:56 am Reply with quote
Chocoreto wrote:

New season for Binan Koukou, 3rd season for Boku No Hero Academia, last Digimon movie, new Full Metal panic anime, new LOTGH anime, new season of Hoozuki No Reitetsu, last chapter of ReLife, 3rd season of Shingeki no Kyojin (PARTY HARD), another season for Shokugeki No Souma, Tokyo Ghoul Re, continuing seasons for Nanatsu no Taizai and Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan, and on top of all of that, the new anime for Stein's Gate???????

Odd, after all of that, I was expecting more of a "what happened to new properties!?" kind of closer. So... what ever happened to new things?

PV looks good, I like the overall dark and oppressive feeling to it but for a time travel series to have yet another bad ending alternate rewrite, it really reminds me of why The Flash series had a "Yeah, we're not doing time travel rewrites anymore" in series declaration after a just a few TT stories.

If you can redo everything then what's the weight of doing just one thing?
Crext

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:11 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be great! Prepare for episode 1 being depressive as hell, but end on a high note!
meruru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:

spoiler[If you remember, the way the true ending was achieved is that Okarin went into the past and killed Kurisu, and then wants to give up. But then, the video message he received in the very beginning as static becomes viewable as a message from his future self, in which he tells himself to fool himself into thinking Kurisu is dead, in order to preserve the events that led to the moment he is in, in the first place, and that also, he let himself still kill her once before giving his past self the message, to preserve the mindset that led him to creating the time machine in the future. Steins;Gate Zero is the timeline where he produced that future message. So it's the events immediately after the Kurisu ending, and leading to the true ending. ]

Last edited by meruru on Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
meruru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Chocoreto wrote:

Though I agree, from what I hear you can cross off Attack on Titan season 3. Early buzz said April, but later articles said that's incorrect, and it's not coming out until summer.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Odd, after all of that, I was expecting more of a "what happened to new properties!?" kind of closer. So... what ever happened to new things?

They’re still being made. The person you quoted was simply posting their excitement towards shows they specifically like getting continuations that just happens to be coming in the next two seasons. Nothing wrong with that.
MsVitchDa2nd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Chocoreto wrote:

NO, we don't. Leaving the house is for filthy normies. just order your food Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2