• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Mar 19-25 [2018-03-29]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:28 pm Reply with quote
A place further than the universe was first this week, totally called it (even tho it was obvious to everyone watching the show).
StarFan13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Clear card went to #16
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:13 pm Reply with quote
It makes me sad that How to Keep a Mummy is now over. Crying or Very sad
RoamFree

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Probably the only time the Junji Ito Collection will not be 'the' bottom of the Weekly Season rankings.
Zeino

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see that Super's strong finish was well received enough to push it into the top three.
Crext

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Thing are pretty much going according to how I view them myself. The shows that got their finish went out with a bang this week, while the shows which are preparing for the final (got 1 or 2 more episodes left) naturally would be rated a little bit lower as they'll have to build up for the climax.

The only one I felt did "rush" the ending a bit was actually the Ancient Magus' Bride, which is surprising as it's the longest running series and who seem to have had tons of resources pulled into it. That said, I kinda felt they laid the groundwork for a second season and therefor wasn't as absolute as they could have been, (while it still being an acceptable "end", don't misunderstand me) so I suspect that had something (everything) to do with it.

Maerchen Maedchen, Jesus Christ. The deadline slammed into their faces hard on that one, where the animation is probably the worst I've seen or can remember for ages. They even drew the wrong characters in the frame so the wrong actor gave them the voice. There was so much wrong that you wouldn't believe it.

Zeino wrote:
Glad to see that Super's strong finish was well received enough to push it into the top three.

Well, glad to hear that the on-going series are doing well, I just hope that next season won't be hero academia nr. 1 all season because of fanboyism.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1