• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inti Creates Reveals Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX Game for Switch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 6:23 am Reply with quote
I am so hyped for this. A whole game for Copen. Thank you Inti Creates.
wolf10

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:08 am Reply with quote
After the (narrative) mess that was Gunvolt 2, I want to be more excited for this than I am. I'll probably still buy it, though.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:10 am Reply with quote
wolf10 wrote:
After the (narrative) mess that was Gunvolt 2, I want to be more excited for this than I am. I'll probably still buy it, though.

GV2 effectively was to "reset the narrative", based on the promo picks it looks like they are NOW going to release a variation on an earlier draft of GV2 where the player had to earn the right to play as Gunvolt and playing as him would unlock the "true ending".

The thing that I enjoy most about the serious is the progressive "learn as you play" elements where the play can opt for more power AND difficult game play to gain additional rewards.
wolf10

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:39 pm Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
The thing that I enjoy most about the serious is the progressive "learn as you play" elements where the play can opt for more power AND difficult game play to gain additional rewards.
No question that the gameplay is the selling point, or that Copen was a blast to figure out.

I'm just still waiting for some sort of concrete explanation for what happened between 1 and 2 after its emotionally supercharged open ending, since certain parties involved were conspicuously absent (and quite possibly killed offscreen, though I like to think GV would be a little more upset if that were the case). Even ZX Advent managed to fit in a cameo for the ZX supporting cast.
megazero

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:45 am Reply with quote
The game reminds me of Megaman Zero.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1