• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Escaflowne Director Kazuki Akane's New Anime Teased With Visual

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Already could predicted what they might do with this, and it's probably gonna be romance related all around, since apparently many media decided that's all what children that's going through puberty could only imagine of doing. Got nothing personal against romantic element but it is overabundance. I hope they could do it like Sora Yori, and it's all about the developments of their friendship and their journey to come into term with any gaping hole in the past. Would've seriously be more interesting for me. Not a lot of works that really dealt with such subject matters, well, without including the theme of love (in the romantic sense), that is.

Or the short synopsis is merely a fluke and it's an anime about playing tennis with all male casts.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:23 pm Reply with quote
This is strangely low-key for Akane, without the fantastical worlds, tragic romantic epics, and world-collapsing struggles between good and evil. But then again, and in certian context, isn't that how all of us view our youth at some point? I don't know all of the details, or if there is going to be a massive twist, but I'm kind of excited to see where this goes either way.

On the other hand, I like tennis and baseball (Oofuri?). Hopefully there will be more details soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1