• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Armed Girls Machiavellism Anime's English Dub Cast Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Once again the phantom of miscast strikes. I hope Princess Principal fares better.
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:06 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Once again the phantom of miscast strikes. I hope Princess Principal fares better.

Seems to be a common thing with sentai
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:15 pm Reply with quote
I know the name, but I do not believe I have seen Scott Gibbs in much, and never as a MC
angelmcazares wrote:
That's probably their second most important title at the moment, and seeing how well the dub match up for Made in Abyss is, I think it is safe to say that Princess Principal will get most of their big names. I'm hoping that someone like Hillary Haag gets the role of Beatrice, so she can be somewhat tolerable, I could not stand her in the Japanese dub.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Gibbs was big in No Game, No Life as the mc Sora so... yeah.

I thought this cast was their list of big names including Kira Vincent-Davis and Luci Christian. Well, I'm happy with it so Sentai can rest easy that they've pleased my -very much in the minority- taste.
VerQuality

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I would not have imagined this series was worth a dub. It seemed like pretty disposable seasonal fare to me. Happy to hear Princess Principal and Made in Abyss are getting dubbed, though. They were definitely stand-out anime from that season.
SWAnimefan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:25 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:

After listening to that clip, I have to agree. Half the cast seemed like they don't match the character. Especially Nomura, his voice didn't sound rugged enough for the character. And Mary, she's French and responds in french, but has no accent?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1