• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Summer 2018

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Revue Starlight! Basically everything else I was hoping for made it in, but that was my one big longshot, so I'm glad it made it!
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Most of the shows I voted got in (minus The long light novel title that involves some goddess name which I forgot, since I place it on hold to see further reactions) , so I am happy !

Bring them on! Especially James’ review on AOT S3, he is in for a very pleasant surprise!
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
so let us know what you'd like to see as the season progresses!

And where does one do that?

Maybe this season This Week in Anime can focus on series that don't already have weekly reviews? That would be nice. And less redundant.
RenRen94

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:21 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping for reviews of Seven Senses of the Re'Union and Phantom in the Twilight, they were pretty decent in my eyes. Not too surprised about 1000 Musketeers not being reviewed, but I was slightly hoping for 100 Sleeping Princes making it in since it seems to be developing in interesting ways.

Apart from those 4 shows, the majority of what I wanted got in. I'm stoked for the new season of Free!, Cells at Work!, and Banana Fish.
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Hooray, Banana Fish! I kind of figured it'd make it, but seeing someone new to the series enjoy all the twists and turns I did as I first read the manga pleases me! It's also everyone else learning what the manga community has known all along: how awesome and special a series Banana Fish is! And then all that fanart is gonna happen!! It's already started and it's vomiting all over my Twitter constantly!!

Keep in mind, after seeing the manga languish in obscurity for over 20 years (since it first got released in America, anyway), I was afraid it'd be passed over by US audiences again, but I'm glad to see that doesn't seem to be the case! It was never really forgotten in Japan though, which is good.

Last edited by zawa113 on Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Maybe this season This Week in Anime can focus on series that don't already have weekly reviews? That would be nice. And less redundant.

Dorei-ku full review never ;_;
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:54 pm Reply with quote
It may be too early to say this, but it seems as if everyone has won! For those with the highest of brows to those with the most furrowed—by which I refer to a certain series with a saccharine name, shall I say—there is something being covered this season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Why does Theron always get the boob shows? Laughing Laughing

Seriously every time a boob fan service show comes out, it goes to Theron. I refuse to believe it’s a coincidence. Laughing
Raebo101

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Cool! Looks like everyone except Amy is reviewing a show I'm watching this season.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:09 pm Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:

Seriously every time a boob fan service show comes out, it goes to Theron. I refuse to believe it’s a coincidence. Laughing

Probably the only one who won't go "lol no" once a smidgen of old school fan service appears in the screen.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Most everything I voted for got through so I'm satisfied for the most part. I would have liked to have seen Nick Creamer come out of hiatus to review Revue Starlight, given his review in the preview guide, but I guess he still has his own things that he's working on. Not that I think Steve will do a bad job, but Nick had a lot to say about the direction and animation, which I think were the strengths of Starlight, and it is on this kind of show that I thought Nick had the most insightful takes of the reviewers of this site, not that others couldn't notice or have thoughtful things to say about these aspects. Though, I'm sure he'll have something to say on his own site if I'm dying to hear his opinion on it.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy, Chris drew the short stick there with the Isekai slavery show, is this a trend? Was he left craving for more after Death March? Laughing Looking forward to those reviews

kinghumanity wrote:

He's the staff member with the most positive outlook on boob shows in general and other more typical otaku stuff like LN adaptations, SAO and isekai anime. If you check any preview guide, you'll see the fanservice shows get higher scores from him compared to the other reviewers (with exceptions, for instance, many staff members seemed to enjoy Keijo)
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:29 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Oh boy, Chris drew the short stick there with the Isekai slavery show, is this a trend? Was he left craving for more after Death March? Laughing Looking forward to those reviews

James was the one who covered Death March. Chris did do Isekai Smartphone though. Either way he has his work cut out for him on that. I almost voted for it so I could see how it turns out, but I don't think I would watch it even if it turned out relatively okay, given the slavery aspect.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:34 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:

James was the one who covered Death March. Chris did do Isekai Smartphone though. Either way he has his work cut out for him on that. I almost voted for it so I could see how it turns out, but I don't think I would watch it even if it turned out relatively okay, given the slavery aspect.

Ah, you're right, I got confused since they seem to be taking turns on who gets the Hand Shakers of the season Laughing
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Everything I wanted got in, except 100 Sleeping Princes, 1000 Musketeers, and Phantom in the Twilight (and let me say the second episode of this one was really entertaining).

Looking forward to Attack on Titan, Free!, and Banana Fish the most. I think the reviews for How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord should be a fun read too.

Seriously happy that Holmes of Kyoto got in! Also Angels of Death and Grand Blue.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3