• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fist of the Blue Sky Regenesis Anime's 2nd Season Debuts October 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsatan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:55 pm Reply with quote
From this preview, it looks like the anime has completely abandoned the manga storyline. What an odd choice.
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:05 pm Reply with quote
mrsatan wrote:
From this preview, it looks like the anime has completely abandoned the manga storyline. What an odd choice.

The first season finished covering the manga in episode 9, after skipping a lot of material and focusing mostly on Yasaka as the main antagonist. Everything from episode 10 on is original material with the Migadol clan as the bad guys, but I'm not sure whether the Regenesis manga (which is not written or drawn by Tetsuo Hara, although he's overseeing it) is telling the same story.
rivnam

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:32 am Reply with quote
halfway thru the 1st season....enjoying the music and background art more than anything else so far. curious about the 2006 adaptation and what this 2nd season can deliver
mrsatan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:19 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Everything from episode 10 on is original material with the Migadol clan as the bad guys, but I'm not sure whether the Regenesis manga (which is not written or drawn by Tetsuo Hara, although he's overseeing it) is telling the same story.

It is not the same story. The manga is currently set in Indonesia. However, Kenshiro and Yasaka are fighting villains that use that same Tento Seiin Ken martial art as the Nahash.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1