• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monster Hunter: World is Capcom's Best-Selling Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malbhet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Now maybe Capcom should do the same with Lost Planet and reboot the series, hell they should make a new Lost Planet game similar to Monster Hunter Worlds gameplay mechanics. Instead of it being built around multiplayer though they should go the Dark Souls route when it comes to single player and multiplayer. If you need help just call in two to three friends to tackle a stage or boss, just don't go the multiplayer online only route.
God now I want a brand new Lost Planet game with similar mechanics and visuals to MH World, I hate having great ideas that no one listens to T-T
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:28 pm Reply with quote
This makes me question why they took so long to bring it over to consoles even more... World is the fifth installment right? Took forever man

malbhet wrote:
Now maybe Capcom should do the same with Lost Planet and reboot the series, hell they should make a new Lost Planet game similar to Monster Hunter Worlds gameplay mechanics. Instead of it being built around multiplayer though they should go the Dark Souls route when it comes to single player and multiplayer. If you need help just call in two to three friends to tackle a stage or boss, just don't go the multiplayer online only route.
God now I want a brand new Lost Planet game with similar mechanics and visuals to MH World, I hate having great ideas that no one listens to T-T

They just need to re-release the first lost planet then make a sequel that doesn't suck.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:16 pm Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
This makes me question why they took so long to bring it over to consoles even more... World is the fifth installment right? Took forever man

The franchise started on a console, and at least one game in every generation except 4 has seen a release on a home console. 4th was the only generation to be handheld only.

What I want to know as far as taking them so long is what the hell took those extra 6+ months for the PC version. It sure as hell wasn't spent optimizing the game for PCs. It has janky as hell online, and some seriously massive fps issues. PC doesn't even have the true full quality textures that you can see on the XBoxOX. There is one particular issue with effects where the effects for thunder attacks cause a stupidly massive drop in frame rate. In the group of friends I play with we have a 1080, a titan x, I think a titan xp, and a vega 56, and all observe stupidly large frame rate drops when I dragon piercer with the kadachi bow.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:00 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:

The franchise started on a console, and at least one game in every generation except 4 has seen a release on a home console. 4th was the only generation to be handheld only.

It was released on the consoles for Japan only. The western market only ever got the handheld versions, which is why it was never popular since the west has always been more into console and PC gaming than handhelds.
Morry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:02 pm Reply with quote
There were no plans whatsoever to release on PC originally. The only reason it got a PC port was popular demand as the game looked to be wildly successful upon release. Japan still hasn't realized that PC is a huge market in the rest of the world they need to keep in mind when releasing internationally.
Schadows

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I'm surprised that, with such a successful game, they still have so few content to add. Compared to previous installments, the game has not even half of the monsters, only 5 "maps", and they still take their sweet time adding a few new monsters and some reskin of existing one.

Morry wrote:
There were no plans whatsoever to release on PC originally. The only reason it got a PC port was popular demand as the game looked to be wildly successful upon release.
Sorry to disagree but Monster Hunter World was revealed during last year E3 (2017), and a immediately delayed PC version was also announced at the same time.
Look up for some interviews back then when the producer explained that they didn't have the resources to make to port to PC at the same time.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:38 pm Reply with quote
I have been playing the PC version since day one and this has been the best game for me in a while. Congratulations on the milestone.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Morry wrote:
There were no plans whatsoever to release on PC originally. The only reason it got a PC port was popular demand as the game looked to be wildly successful upon release. Japan still hasn't realized that PC is a huge market in the rest of the world they need to keep in mind when releasing internationally.

I'm pretty sure they're aware of this but as most of their domestic market games on handheld or mobile devices while their foreign market games on consoles why would they start porting more games for PC.

Especially when Japan developers still haven't yet cracked the code to consistently making optimized PC ports?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1