• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fairy Tail Anime Previewed in Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:14 am Reply with quote
That PV looked pretty great.
Erza Farron

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:10 am Reply with quote
Great ! Finally it is concretized, I can not wait to be the 7th of October to watch the continuation. Very Happy
InuKag1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:51 pm Reply with quote
As excited as I am for this, I still hate that they didn't go back to the original art style, oh well I still can't wait!
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Final spurt for the nakama-powered animu!
Can't wait to see Acno-chan... seriously going to look dope on his dragon form.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:05 am Reply with quote
Hopefully enough material is there to adapt at least 39 epi.
ShironoKuro

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:53 am Reply with quote
InuKag1 wrote:
As excited as I am for this, I still hate that they didn't go back to the original art style, oh well I still can't wait!

Preach it! Even though it's been a long time actually, "I'm fired up now!"
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:14 am Reply with quote
InuKag1 wrote:

While I do miss the art of the first series too, I can think of two reasons why they aren't going back to that: One, A-1 Pictures is with Bridge just like the second series and two, the art of the second and third series more resembles the art of the manga more.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:44 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Hopefully enough material is there to adapt at least 39 epi.

39 episodes? Try 63, bare minimum. There's 126 chapters left to go through.
Enturax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Okay, at this point, Bleach's continuation is confirmed.
InuKag1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:15 pm Reply with quote
cyberdraco wrote:
InuKag1 wrote:

While I do miss the art of the first series too, I can think of two reasons why they aren't going back to that: One, A-1 Pictures is with Bridge just like the second series and two, the art of the second and third series more resembles the art of the manga more.

Maybe, but I still prefer the original, the one now is so washed out and the characters look kinda weird, especially around the mouth
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Awww yeah, that FT music theme. Still iconic and full of hype. I love the main theme so much.

InuKag1 wrote:
cyberdraco wrote:
InuKag1 wrote:

Maybe, but I still prefer the original, the one now is so washed out and the characters look kinda weird, especially around the mouth

Yeah, I prefer the first art style too. In addition to the brightness I also found it sharper most of the time. Though I agree it's not surprising that they are sticking to the new style especially since it's the same studio co-production that moved to it once Satelight stopped working on it. The main distracting thing for me has been the see-through hair.

That said, the PV was still really cool. I think the effects look better than last time.

I do think it looks perhaps a tad brighter or less artificially muted (or maybe less hazy filtered?), a bit more toward the movies level of brightness, than my memories of FT 2014. Though still not as bright as the movies, let alone the first series of ofcourse.

It's so good to have this back one last time!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1