• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Anime BD Box's Video Previews Bonus Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:51 am Reply with quote
They didn't even make the third season, but they made an OVA with the battle with spoiler[SPEERS aka P.A.ODA]. Holy crap, they really not much care about spoiling the events of recent volumes by anime-only viewers, or they just didn't care?

Quote:
Based on the eight-book series by Kawakami

Eight-book? It's wrong, because it's 27 volumes of light novel (or eleven-part) now - and it's still continuing.
HK16

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:54 am Reply with quote
So happy to see the waifu's again. Can't wait for this. I just want to hear Toori say "HORIZON!" again. FukuJun is just so awesome. Wish they'd continue the anime.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:10 am Reply with quote
Three hundred and forty dollars..........

Wouldn't mind getting a non LE box, just for the OVA inclusion, but not at that price.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:14 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
They didn't even make the third season, but they made an OVA with the battle with spoiler[SPEERS aka P.A.ODA]. Holy crap, they really not much care about spoiling the events of recent volumes by anime-only viewers, or they just didn't care?

Quote:
Based on the eight-book series by Kawakami

Eight-book? It's wrong, because it's 27 volumes of light novel (or eleven-part) now - and it's still continuing.

On a fan translation site, the following side stories are listed under the respective 18th, 21st, and 23rd volumes: "Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon: Girls Talk - Ookami to Tamashii", "Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon: Girls Talk - Matsuri to Yumi", "Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon: Girls Talk - En to Hana". If each of these side stories is 1 vol. long, then we have 30 LN vol. so far. Counting the 14 vol.-"Owari no Chronicle", 2-vol. "Rapid-fire King", 4-vol. "Clash of Hexennacht", and 15-vol. "City Series", we have more than twice that amount: 30+14+2+4+15=65 vol. of a shared-universe franchise.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:42 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
On a fan translation site, the following side stories are listed under the respective 18th, 21st, and 23rd volumes: "Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon: Girls Talk - Ookami to Tamashii", "Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon: Girls Talk - Matsuri to Yumi", "Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon: Girls Talk - En to Hana". If each of these side stories is 1 vol. long, then we have 30 LN vol. so far. Counting the 14 vol.-"Owari no Chronicle", 2-vol. "Rapid-fire King", 4-vol. "Clash of Hexennacht", and 15-vol. "City Series", we have more than twice that amount: 30+14+2+4+15=65 vol. of a shared-universe franchise.
Yeah, but I talk only about the Horizon LN volumes only, and there is only 27 (the last one is 11, Part A) of them now. And well, side stories that come with original BD release (there is 8 volumes of them) and Girls Talk spin-off are twice short compared to Horizon novel books - but then, we should remember that Horizon volumes are friggin' doorstoppers, so "twice short" still means close to size of your average LN.

Yeah, Kawakami is friggin' graphomaniac with who only Kamachi.exe can compare... except Minoru is better at that.
KyonyuuFan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. Wish they would continue the anime and not just give us this useless OVA. A limited edition blu ray would have been awesome when Sentai licensed and released it a few years ago. Also $350? Jesus. Rolling Eyes
pwnagemaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:11 pm Reply with quote
I still have hope for another season, specially since we're getting something animated. I've heard the LNs are pretty popular in Japan, and it's only been, what, 6 years since the last season? That's not that bad. Just need Sunrise to take a break from all the Love Live stuff.

And they're certainly not lacking the material for another season... or 8.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:16 am Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this 'everything and the kitchen sink' mash-up-esque series. Hopefully this does well enough to spur interest in a 3rd season. Wouldn't be the first series to come back after an extended hiatus in recent times
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:03 am Reply with quote
KyonyuuFan wrote:
Also $350? Jesus. Rolling Eyes
It's for both seasons included, and it's not even that pricey (for Japanese BD box prices). Just Fate/Zero first season was 500 bucks all along.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:09 am Reply with quote
Missed that it was a Japanese release. If it is picked up in the U.S., will have to see what they charge.
KyonyuuFan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:49 pm Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
KyonyuuFan wrote:
It's for both seasons included, and it's not even that pricey (for Japanese BD box prices). Just Fate/Zero first season was 500 bucks all along.

Compared to North American LEs? The most expensive ones I've seen were from Sentai (about $100 per season). Funimation ones are far cheaper. But I must admit the Japanese LEs are often packed with a bunch more goodies like copies of the manga and such.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:44 pm Reply with quote
KyonyuuFan wrote:
WANNFH wrote:
KyonyuuFan wrote:

Compared to North American LEs? The most expensive ones I've seen were from Sentai (about $100 per season). Funimation ones are far cheaper. But I must admit the Japanese LEs are often packed with a bunch more goodies like copies of the manga and such.

Another question does the Japanese BD have English subtitles. A lot of them don't.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:54 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

Another question does the Japanese BD have English subtitles. A lot of them don't.

Yes, it does. that's the last detail listed in that first paragraph explaining whats in the box
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:58 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:

I might be misinterpreting your question, but if you're talking about Horizon, then yes.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:33 am Reply with quote
Wow, this is dragging old anime out try make more money out of it.

I found the anime (only thing I've seen of the series) bit confusing to watch. I do like it, I thought the second season was strange.

I don't get why their dragging Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere out now, like six years after it's last season aired. I wasn't under the impression it was well received in Japan.

Cost of theses entire series is way to high for value your getting out of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2