• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ulysses Anime's 9th Episode Delayed 1 Week to December 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afezeria

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:00 am Reply with quote
Well, is it a sign that shows similar to this is going to received similar blunder in the future? Since that incest anime is also being delayed and is nothing but riddled with senseless fanservice, harem and cliche stuff that comes along with stuff like it. Wouldn't really mind at all.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:13 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Well, is it a sign that shows similar to this is going to received similar blunder in the future? Since that incest anime is also being delayed and is nothing but riddled with senseless fanservice, harem and cliche stuff that comes along with stuff like it. Wouldn't really mind at all.
It's kinda weird how as soon as I started tolerating ecchi harem stuff after years of hating the fact that it was in every season the whole genre just... died. I think the only ecchi type show I watched this year with decent production values was Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs, which probably only got that treatment because it's a decently popular shonen jump series. Granted, I've never been a fan of ecchi shows that are centred around fantasy stories. Not cause I don't like boobs and butts, they're just horrendously badly written and boring most of the time.

Not watching this show honestly, it looks kinda bad and everyone who actually watched it says it's bad. But I saw an episode on TV while I was in Japan and the animation was... well let's just say it looks exactly like the sort of show that would get production delays.
MaskOfBrutality

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:37 am Reply with quote
Watching and loving this show so far but haven't noticed anything bad visually, it's all looked good so a bit surprised but if it gives em time to get it right I have no problem.

SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
I think the only ecchi type show I watched this year with decent production values was Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs, which probably only got that treatment because it's a decently popular shonen jump series.

Did you not watch DxD HerO or the currently airing Senran Kagura Shinovi Masters? Both have great production values (SKs first episode not withstanding) and well worth watching.

On your point about the ecchi anime scene dying I'd say we never got that many outright ecchi series in my time watching anime (past 8 years) though, you'd maybe have one or two per season but not nearly as many as haters would have you believe.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1