• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san Manga About Fox Spirit Gets TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:01 pm Reply with quote
With that kind of premise, Doga Kobo is a perfect fit... and yet I hope this ends up being more wholesome than lewd.
Joshua Zarate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:11 pm Reply with quote
This sounds like something I can get into. The studio and staff sound like good fits and I wonder who the voice cast will be. Another one for 2019 I’ll be keeping an eye on and that list was already big to begin with.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:
With that kind of premise, Doga Kobo is a perfect fit... and yet I hope this ends up being more wholesome than lewd.
Well, the manga isn't much a lewd to begin with, and more "here's the fox girl with that fluffy tail, touch it" Laughing
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:12 am Reply with quote
Started this one few days ago :p Glad to see it being adapted, the cuteness was so irresistible that i ended up catch up with the raw version. Not lewd at all, their relationship reminded me of Osake wa Fuufu with a bit of Usagi Drop and Barakamon.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:06 am Reply with quote
Seems like a pandering work for lonely men.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:38 am Reply with quote
As others have mentioned the title is very misleading this is a mostly a peaceful slice of life series with a tinge of a supernatural elements to make it a little more fun. Basically the thing you need to watch after a stressful day.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:47 am Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:

If Uchi no Maid is any indication, even if the manga is lewd, the adaptation won't be, not a single bit.
I just hope Doga Kobo will never EVER touch any title with lewd source material.
Asaaaasd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:14 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
Started this one few days ago :p Glad to see it being adapted, the cuteness was so irresistible that i ended up catch up with the raw version. Not lewd at all, their relationship reminded me of Osake wa Fuufu with a bit of Usagi Drop and Barakamon.

That bit of Usagi Drop is enough to taint the well with lewdness.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:12 am Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure he's not talking about the post-timeskip Usagi Drop...read the first few chapters and no indication of anything lewd.
Even if there would be any visual fanservice later on, which I doubt, since first chapters tend to go all out, it IS a Doga Kobo adaptation, so won't get into the anime.
principeinquisidor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:25 am Reply with quote
Afezeria wrote:
Seems like a pandering work for lonely men.

Yup, there will be always this sort of whiny whiny know nothing character here.
If you follow this work then you will know that this work has a fair amount of fangirls on places like Twitter, besides that there is also the character called Kouenji and if you read the manga then you will know her role, so yeah, there is both "pandering" or more like healing to both lonely men and women.
So yeah, try again next time, but knowing even the slightest thing about what are you talking about.

@Sunny milk

Yeah, I like as a whole the adapatation done by Doga Kobo, at least it has been pretty faithful to the original source, even to the point of reproducing faithfully the most raunchiest jokes of the manga, but yeah, like you said they have downplayed the nudity and things like that, even though the manga has not got things like nipples until now. So this downplaying I have mentioned would be the only thing that I really criticize of the Dogakobo version, but well, at least it was not downplayed and altered so very hard like the KyoAni version of Kobayashi-san.

About the news, this was a huge surprise, yeah, I knew that this was a secure bet to get an anime adaptation because of its huge popularity, the problem was more to know when, so the surprise comes when I know that the adaption is slated to Spring next year, well, this a pretty fast adaptation, it looks like they do no want to lose time with this series. The problem now is to know how long will be each anime chapter, because there is not much manga content, maybe it will be half-length episodes or episodes with a lot of original content. Also, Dogakobo is killing me, first Uchi no Maid, then Wataten and now Senko-san, three on a a row.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:44 am Reply with quote
principeinquisidor wrote:

@Sunny milk
So this downplaying I have mentioned would be the only thing that I really criticize of the Dogakobo version, but well, at least it was not downplayed and altered so very hard like the KyoAni version of Kobayashi-san.

Visually speaking, it was as downplayed as it could. Sure, it didn't operate with nipples, but really that's among the lewd content that lolicons care about the least.
It had a lot of (almost full frontal) nudity, with detailed muscular tones (yes, the author even paid a lot of attention to portray Misha's very slightly toned body), panty shots and a lot of ass cheek shots.
The anime has nothing of that, zero visual fanservice.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:03 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
Blatch wrote:

If Uchi no Maid is any indication, even if the manga is lewd, the adaptation won't be, not a single bit.
I just hope Doga Kobo will never EVER touch any title with lewd source material.

Some of Dogakobo's earlier titles are adapted from eroge: Koihime Musou, 11eyes and A Bridge to the Starry Skies, back before they became known with YuruYuri.

Last edited by TarutoClown93 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:13 am Reply with quote
We could argue that back when the industry was way different than today.
Now if it's a cute, little girl, sexualization is off the table for most studios. Doga Kobo is definitely one of them.
pwnagemaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:23 am Reply with quote
TOUCH
FLUFFY
TAIL

This is great news. Been following the manga since its 1st chapter was released in English.
Also, it's not lewd at all. Unless you unironically consider headpats and tail fluffing to be lewd.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:

There's tail stuff in the first chapter.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2