• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Dagashi Kashi's Kotoyama Draws New 1-Shot Manga on December 26

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zof

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
I like this show a lot. I freaking love dagashi though so I'm biased. I didn't like how two dimensional they made Hotaru seemingly on purpose. It's like any time he tried to show her feelings, she'd change the subject, disappear, or outright pretend he was talking about candy. She could literally be a marketing robot, a machine, as a plot device and it would make sense. Everybody just wanted them together.
Actar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:17 pm Reply with quote
The best character from S2? YES PLEASE! Also, her name is just amazing. It's pretty much Beginning End.
Zof

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Actar wrote:
The best character from S2? YES PLEASE! Also, her name is just amazing. It's pretty much Beginning End.

Still, even her introduction felt forced. It literally felt like Hotaru is a real person in real life, and asked the author to just fabricate a new love interest for the story because she wasn't into it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1