• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hachigatsu no Cinderella Nine Anime Reveals Character Designs for 5 Main Characters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azza Murphy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:42 am Reply with quote
I hope it's a girl as the MC but I just know they will go the male route just to add stupid romance or dumb walking in on girls changing scenes ...........
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:14 am Reply with quote
Azza Murphy wrote:
I hope it's a girl as the MC but I just know they will go the male route just to add stupid romance or dumb walking in on girls changing scenes ...........

I seriously hope that will not be the case. I am getting fed up with female-dominated series like Idolmaster and Uma Musume that feel they need some lucky male mentor or love interest guiding the girls to be interesting. It should have a female MC or coach who is voiced by Kizuna Ai. From what people here are saying, that Virtual Youtuber loves the game. The creators should capitalize that.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:32 am Reply with quote
Why do I feel these designs were just copy/pasted from other things and edited very slightly. They all look way too familiar for something I didn't know about until now
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:45 am Reply with quote
Another day, another stupid mobage adaptation from Japan. They really do like to crank out those soulless productions, eh? It seems really obvious when animes like these are produced solely to promote whatever garbage cash-grab gacha game these producers have their hands on.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:29 am Reply with quote
It does look run-of-the-mill to me but maybe the show might work if they made the writing witty and clever enough.

I may check it out if only for the game's association to Kizuna Ai.
Ermat_46 wrote:
Another day, another stupid mobage adaptation from Japan. They really do like to crank out those soulless productions, eh? It seems really obvious when animes like these are produced solely to promote whatever garbage cash-grab gacha game these producers have their hands on.

This type of business model is nothing new. Even so-called "stupid mobage adaptations" can work if the production team can put together a coherent story with clever writing. At least give the show the benefit of the doubt by that theory alone until you've watched at least three episodes to form a conclusion.
Ermat_46

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:27 am Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
It does look run-of-the-mill to me but maybe the show might work if they made the writing witty and clever enough.

I may check it out if only for the game's association to Kizuna Ai.
Ermat_46 wrote:

This type of business model is nothing new. Even so-called "stupid mobage adaptations" can work if the production team can put together a coherent story with clever writing. At least give the show the benefit of the doubt by that theory alone until you've watched at least three episodes to form a conclusion.

Maybe the 2015 me might enjoy or event want to watch this show, but this is just meh. This show is being directed by the Dies irae director, that show that got a score of 5.49 in MAL and was one of 2017's worst anime by this site. I assume that given the very bare-bones story of gacha games, the director will heavily matter on this project. Also, looking at the premise, it's very similar to the premise of Ro-Kyu-Bu just w/ some details tweaked.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:36 am Reply with quote
Ermat_46 wrote:
Maybe the 2015 me might enjoy or event want to watch this show, but this is just meh. This show is being directed by the Dies irae director, that show that got a score of 5.49 in MAL and was one of 2017's worst anime by this site. I assume that given the very bare-bones story of gacha games, the director will heavily matter on this project. Also, looking at the premise, it's very similar to the premise of Ro-Kyu-Bu just w/ some details tweaked.

I could also easily write this show off as a knockoff of Princess Nine, another all-girls baseball anime that was put out years ago. But, we'll see. I've learned not to judge anime on the surface until I've given it 3 full episodes. After that, I can choose to stay with the show or drop it entirely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1