• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Monster Hunter: World, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Pokemon Go, More Win at CBS' Inaugural Gamers Cho

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aca Vuksa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:57 am Reply with quote
Congrats on Pokémon GO for winning for its Fan Favorite Mobile Game and Mario for winning its Fan Favorite Retro Character, and Super Mario Party being awared for Fan Favorite Family-Friendly Multiplayer, congrats. Smile
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:03 am Reply with quote
This is the first I've heard of CBS' Gamer's Choice Award.

Apparently, it aired at 4pm here - I'm just imagining CBS like "How can we get #gamer cred while not interfering with Young Sheldon?"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:41 am Reply with quote
Did CBS even advertise this? I watch CBS Price is Right everyday and I cant recall ever seeing an ad for this.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Isn't CBS's average viewer something like 65 years old? Razz
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Did CBS even advertise this? I watch CBS Price is Right everyday and I cant recall ever seeing an ad for this.

They didn’t advertise this at all. Or if they did, hardly. You didn’t miss much anyways. It was only on for an hour. And about a good 45 minutes was about esports. And fortnite won every award it was in. I can tell SSBM fans are slightly salty that it lost to fortnite.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I caught it just because I happened to be watching the end of the Chiefs game and they mentioned it was coming up next.

Personally, I think they were done better than the Game Awards, but I still question why MH:W is in the RPG category. Even fans of the game say it's not an RPG.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1