• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kemono Friends 2 Anime Reveals Design for New Child Character Kyururu

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:03 am Reply with quote
Oh fantastic, a main character with an ambiguous gender. This does not seem to do the original any justice whatsoever.
Koda89

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:24 am Reply with quote
It’s like they palette swapped Kaban-chan....
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:36 am Reply with quote
I wonder if it will turn out to be a boy, and what will the already volatile fandom's reaction be if that's the case.
forexjammer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:56 am Reply with quote
literally soulless
IceKirby

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:59 am Reply with quote
They are not even trying to hide the fact that it's a reboot anymore, aren't they?
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:05 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
I wonder if it will turn out to be a boy, and what will the already volatile fandom's reaction be if that's the case.

Like adding a large dose of salt on a fresh bleeding open wound.
Koda89

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:18 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:

If they are a boy, they can’t possibly actually be a Human Friend, unless they’re saying, “Screw it” to the fundamental rules of the series, where all the Friends are girls, even if their original form is male(hence things like Lion having a mane, and countless herbivorous species whose males have large horns or antlers have those traits carried over).

And if they go that route, then screw this new season. Laughing
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:29 am Reply with quote
Koda89 wrote:
If they are a boy, they can’t possibly actually be a Human Friend, unless they’re saying, “Screw it” to the fundamental rules of the series, where all the Friends are girls, even if their original form is male(hence things like Lion having a mane, and countless herbivorous species whose males have large horns or antlers have those traits carried over).

Well said. If Kadokawa knows what is good for them, they do not want to make the same mistake that Trigger did with Little Witch Academia's TV anime or Bushiroad did with BanG Dream. If that new director is saying the truth, he would not make the MC a male, let alone having an ambiguous gender. I am not looking forward to watch Kemono Friends: Uma Musume Edition.
Wtv

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:13 am Reply with quote
Koda89 wrote:
Sunny milk wrote:

Or maybe they're actual human this time. Because, you know, using the exact same twist as the first season is lame.
That being said, I don't think this will sell. And I don't think it has anything to do with Tatsuki. These one season wonder rarely keep the success in their sequel. The hype for the franchise already died months ago.
If they had made this season 2 before, they would have more chances.
Koda89

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:25 am Reply with quote
Wtv wrote:
Koda89 wrote:

Or maybe they're actual human this time. Because, you know, using the exact same twist as the first season is lame.
That being said, I don't think this will sell. And I don't think it has anything to do with Tatsuki. These one season wonder rarely keep the success in their sequel. The hype for the franchise already died months ago.
If they had made this season 2 before, they would have more chances.

I mean they obviously can be just a normal human. But if they are just a normal human, then they aren’t a Human Friend. There’s a difference. A Friend is a creature spawned from animal matter coming into contact with Sandstar. Razz
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:25 am Reply with quote
Is that a boy or a girl? That's the most androgynous design I've seen in a while. The name screams girl, but seeing as this whole thing is a complete disasterpiece on arrival, I can see it going both ways.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1