• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Stampede Film's 2nd Teaser Reveals 2 New Characters

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cradle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Oooh im loving the outfits for the Straw Hats.

Hopefully this should be a good film, maybe even top Strong World for me.
Romuska
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Not that anything will stop me from seeing this the second it's announced, but where's Jimbei Sad
Bullza

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Meh, Oda is having less involvement with each passing movie.

He wrote Strong World, designed it's characters and even did a promo manga. He was the executive producer for Film Z. Now he's just designed two characters?
InimitableUman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:01 am Reply with quote
Bullza wrote:
Meh, Oda is having less involvement with each passing movie.

He wrote Strong World, designed it's characters and even did a promo manga. He was the executive producer for Film Z. Now he's just designed two characters?

According to the OP Podcast people, who are normally reliable, his role in this movie is similar to his roles in all the recent ones, despite the fact that they dropped "film" from this movie's title.

Frankly I don't really buy the way they're trying to promote this movie as something super crazy and unique, or as Oda put it something that would "destroy One Piece" (which just means it's crazy and unique). Film Z was the only newer One Piece movie that really felt like it transcended the common tropes of movies for long-running franchises. Strong World didn't even really do that, and I don't see them doing it again, not with character designs like these. Throwing in a few cool cameos won't do it either.
InimitableUman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:04 am Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:
Not that anything will stop me from seeing this the second it's announced, but where's Jimbei Sad

And to double-post in response to you: Jinbe clearly hasn't officially joined yet. He doesn't show up in color spreads either. He's in a position similar to Vivi right now. When he does officially join, we'll all know, there won't be any debate about it like there has been.
Danny123100

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Romuska wrote:

You'll pretty much figure that out once the Whole Cake Island arc comes to an end. This movie is taking place after that, and I'll just say your question will be answered near the end of the arc in order to avoid spoilers.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1