• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tezuka's 'Sex Education' Comedy Yakeppachi's Maria Gets Limited Edition Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:47 pm Reply with quote
How much material does this man have that we don't know about?

So anyone going to pick this up? Probably not. I mean they just came across his "erotic" drawings.
Mewzard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

So anyone going to pick this up? Probably not. I mean they just came across his "erotic" drawings.

I backed the Wonder 3 Kickstarter for all the manga listed in a physical form (Wonder 3, The Thief Inoue Akikazu, Yakeppachi's Maria, Dust 8, The Euphrates Tree, Say Hello to Bookila, Metamorphose, and Ambassador Magma), so yeah, this would be included. Just gotta wait for them to print the material and send them out.

I believe I've heard Tezuka's done over 700 volumes worth of manga (less if you combine some into bigger omnibus volumes), so yeah, there's plenty of stuff still to release in the US.
Doc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I'd just be satisfied with getting my copy of Wonder 3.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Do Astro-boys Dream of Electric Sheep?
petbastard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

I think it's been fully fan-translated a few years ago.
By the way, if I remember correctly, Tezuka himself said in the end he didn't like that work. To be honest, I don't get the attention to that series specifically either, if you disregard the bizarre premise, of course.
moff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:46 am Reply with quote
Mewzard wrote:
I believe I've heard Tezuka's done over 700 volumes worth of manga (less if you combine some into bigger omnibus volumes), so yeah, there's plenty of stuff still to release in the US.

Most of his works hasn't been reprinted in Japan either. The "Osamu Tezuka Complete Manga Works" collection consists of "only" 400 volumes, and it took Kodansha 20 years to release them.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 6:16 am Reply with quote
This is a funny comedy, I think students should see it. This will help them become more educated in this field. I have been working with students for a long time and I understand how they think. I can recommend you - research proposal writing service uk.papersowl.com, this is a service that will help you with research proposals, I think this is important for you, so be sure to visit my educational portal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1