• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: No Guns Life Manga Listed With TV Anime by Madhouse

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luchael

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:34 am Reply with quote
Sigh, here come No Game No Life jokes.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:00 am Reply with quote
Why?

I would likely think there would be FLCL jokes, rather than No Game No Life jokes.

Hopefully this series is more like FLCL, otherwise they are going to have to explain how he can have a gun for his head, where is his brain, and wouldn't the recoil keep throwing him off his feet.
deviljho0001

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:07 am Reply with quote
After Overlord 2 and 3 I don't have much hope on Madhouse.

TarsTarkas wrote:
Why?

I would likely think there would be FLCL jokes, rather than No Game No Life jokes.

Hopefully this series is more like FLCL, otherwise they are going to have to explain how he can have a gun for his head, where is his brain, and wouldn't the recoil keep throwing him off his feet.

You do know manga is translated right?
Luchael

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:08 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Why?

Similar title, plus it's done by Madhouse.
But nevermind all that, this one looks pretty darn cool, hopefully we'll learn the staff soon.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:26 am Reply with quote
After a quick search this seems to be a seinen action title. Count me in. Also, glad to see so many shows with a ton of potential announced lately. Hopefully we'll get more info soon.
Changeman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:35 am Reply with quote
Currently when I see that an anime will be done by the madhouse, I automatically think it is sponsored by NTV.
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:24 am Reply with quote
...Is there any way Japan can get weirder?
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:41 pm Reply with quote
It sounds like I'm one of the few people who has read the manga here. Personally I'm freaking excited because the series is awesome. I'm not worried about Mad House, the specific staff is what it's important.

Ryuji-Dono wrote:

...implying that's a bad thing? I see "weird" thrown around a lot when I think people mainly mean "different than the norm". Which I think being different is good personally. I love anime because it gives us series like this, and besides there's really no such thing as "normal".

Notably American cartoons are almost always "weird". One of the series with a lot of commentary on drug abuse, alcohol abuse, and depression, is Bojack Horseman. Yes a series with a horse man that does drugs and has sex, often gets extremely real and can be really depressing.

Also yes Japan can get "weirder". I can't wait to see how people react to the Dorohedoro anime, it will easily be one of the strangest and most insane anime we ever get. Q makes some wild series and god bless her for it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Juzo Inui now scratches out a living in the dark streets of the city as a revolver.

FTFY
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Well.... it's not Gunhead.
And that's the problem.
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Well.... it's not Gunhead.
And that's the problem.

How is that in any way a problem? Maybe I lack a sense of humor, now that would be a problem lol
Ryuji-Dono

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:48 pm Reply with quote
HoboSoup wrote:
It sounds like I'm one of the few people who has read the manga here. Personally I'm freaking excited because the series is awesome. I'm not worried about Mad House, the specific staff is what it's important.

Ryuji-Dono wrote:

...implying that's a bad thing? I see "weird" thrown around a lot when I think people mainly mean "different than the norm". Which I think being different is good personally. I love anime because it gives us series like this, and besides there's really no such thing as "normal".

Notably American cartoons are almost always "weird". One of the series with a lot of commentary on drug abuse, alcohol abuse, and depression, is Bojack Horseman. Yes a series with a horse man that does drugs and has sex, often gets extremely real and can be really depressing.

Also yes Japan can get "weirder". I can't wait to see how people react to the Dorohedoro anime, it will easily be one of the strangest and most insane anime we ever get. Q makes some wild series and god bless her for it.

Not necessarily bad, just the fact that ideas like this can pop-up in any second in our lives.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:07 am Reply with quote
#888772 wrote:
Quote:
Juzo Inui now scratches out a living in the dark streets of the city as a revolver.

FTFY

I initially read it as 'revolver' and had to go back and correct myself.
nDroae

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Ryuji-Dono wrote:
Not necessarily bad, just the fact that ideas like this can pop-up in any second in our lives.

I can't tell whether "ideas like this can pop-up in any second" means "Japan greenlights weird concepts continually," or "the average guy has this kind of idea while sitting on the toilet, and that's the end of it." (To his detriment, perhaps.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1