• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Miru Tights Web Anime Casts Ai Kayano as Homeroom Teacher

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Bespectacled Ai Kayano aawwww yyyyyeahhh
Vanadise

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:37 pm Reply with quote
This might just be the most overtly fetishy thing I've ever seen made into an anime that wasn't outright hentai. Bonus points for honesty, I suppose.
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:01 am Reply with quote
What? Why? Why does this show exist?
pikkuhukka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:04 am Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:

because why not :lenny:
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:15 am Reply with quote
Anime of the Year
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sekaro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:34 am Reply with quote
I used to have an English teacher who wears tights like that too. We pay very "close" attention to what she teaches us Wink
Asaaaasd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:39 am Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:

Why does any ecchi anime exist?
Sakagami Tomoyo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:11 am Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:

Because a number of people have a pantyhose fetish.
kotomikun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:21 am Reply with quote
Sakagami Tomoyo wrote:
kinghumanity wrote:

Because a number of people have a pantyhose fetish.

Apparently. But I can't think of any other anime based entirely around one specific fetish (and a pretty mundane one, at that). I mean, the title is literally "look at tights."
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:30 am Reply with quote
Quote:
She likes 20 denier tights (sheer)

Quote:
Yua Nakabeni, who likes 30 denier tights (sheer), Ren Aikawa, who likes 60 denier tights (opaque), and Homi Moegi, who likes 110 denier tights (thick).[/b]

I do not get none of this, but that is due to not being into pantyhoses so therefore having no knowledge on the sizes/feel of those garments. I have an idea of what this anime is going to be about judging by the illustrations. Still it would be nice to see a story synopsis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:14 am Reply with quote
Vanadise wrote:
This might just be the most overtly fetishy thing I've ever seen made into an anime that wasn't outright hentai. Bonus points for honesty, I suppose.

Not really, we have had any number of anime whose entire raison d'être was boobs. About the only difference was that they didn't mention the individual cup sizes in the promotional literature (often comes up later though). I expect that in this case the information is provided due to more people being familiar with cup sizes than know about different types of tights.

I should note that the focus here seems to be more female legs in tights than just tights themselves. While I'm sure there are people who get off on unoccupied tights that doesn't seem to be the emphasis here. Cool So far it looks as though the legs in question will be normal in configuration and not beyond the limits of human anatomy. Boob shows have gotten completely out of hand. Shocked
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:18 am Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:

I do not get none of this, but that is due to not being into pantyhoses so therefore having no knowledge on the sizes/feel of those garments. I have an idea of what this anime is going to be about judging by the illustrations. Still it would be nice to see a story synopsis.

The original story's "written" by the illustrator who has the pantyhose fetish so quite literally, what you see is what the show's about. I've seen boob centric shows, panty centric shows and eyeglass centric shows... and by the looks of it, that homeroom teacher would be a hit in any of them.

I don't know... that's all I got, I don't know. I could certainly see the sheer appeal for an episode or two but a whole series?
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:16 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

I don't know... that's all I got, I don't know. I could certainly see the sheer appeal for an episode or two but a whole series?

It will most likely be a series of shorts, tho.
omoikane

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:50 am Reply with quote
kotomikun wrote:

Apparently. But I can't think of any other anime based entirely around one specific fetish (and a pretty mundane one, at that). I mean, the title is literally "look at tights."

There are a lot of anime/manga about very extremely specific things. For example Skull-face Bookseller is about selling books at a big tokyo bookstore. Wakakozake is about pairing after-work alcohol with bar food, which is super-specific to Japanese salaryman culture. Then you have shows that have bigger concepts but are still build on one very niche thing, like Onegai Teacher and Onegai Twins for a couple examples, or Yurucamp which is about a few very specific mentalities to camping.

IMHO the fact that there are so many weirdly specific anime is one reason why anime is more popular today. You can find more programming that you can't find elsewhere that has enough interest outside the mainstream.
Blender

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:04 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Animegomaniac"]
Aquasakura wrote:

I could certainly see the sheer appeal

I see what you did there.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2