• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Problem Accessing Site in Chrome Version 74.0

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgholloway

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:14 pm Reply with quote
For at least the last 4 days, 5-09 to 5-12-19, I've been unable to access content on the site while logged in. When logged in the URL shows "fast.animenewsnetwork.com" and the front page on the site works normally. Attempting to read any article however results in a "Page Not Working" error message.

If I log out and access the site as a guest the URL displayed is "www.animenewsnetwork.com" and the entire site works normally.

I am using a Dell computer with an AMD Ryzen 1800x, 16 gigabytes of ram, an AMD RX 580 video card, Windows 10 and a 50 MBPS cable internet connection.

Could you suggest any "fix" for this problem?

Respectfully,

Kenneth G. Holloway (ID: kgholloway)
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, from the logs I can see that you've been getting some 400 errors, but not why. It's very odd. I've added some debugging code, so if you get the problem again please post here and I should have some more data to go on.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
kgholloway

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 5:46 pm Reply with quote
OK, I'll do that. And thanks for your prompt reply and help.

Ken Holloway
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1